At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Summary: As a member of the Natural Language Processing Research group, the candidate will work on challenging research problems that have a concrete impact on exciting real-world applications. The focus of this position will be the development of a statistical, multilingual natural language understanding system for a next-generation virtual assistant application. The goal of this application is to process linguistically complex sentences so that the virtual assistant can interact with the user as naturally as possible.
• Conduct research and experiments to solve problems related to natural language processing (NLP).
• Implement prototypes to test new ideas and NLP algorithms.
• Participate in the productization of NLP algorithms.
• Analyze and improve performance of existing NLP algorithms.
• Present findings (written reports or oral presentations, as appropriate).
Number of Years of Work Experience: 2+
• Expert machine learning background, ideally including deep learning expertise.
• Strong knowledge of statistical natural language processing (NLP) algorithms.
• Strong programming and debugging skills; able to prototype research ideas effectively.
• Experience running accuracy experiments and systematically improving performance.
• Should be able to take initiative, but also follow a plan and work well as part of a team.
• Good communication skills (written and oral).
• Strong experience in Java (or C++) and a scripting language (e.g. Python).
• Experience working in Linux environment.
Education: Advanced degree (MS/PhD) in computer science (or similar field) or equivalent work experience.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.