At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Join our Imaging team…greater document flexibility for more personal productivity. We are passionate about designing and building secure technology that empowers companies to gain control of their document management processes and ensure their proprietary and customer information is protected.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities –
· Design, code, test, develop and document application programs for complex computer systems.
o Analyze and perform modifications to and maintenance of highly complex operational programs and procedures.
o Document file designs and program logic.
o Analyze system and programming logic.
o Program clear and concise solutions.
o Maintain project status documentation.
· Participate in functional and technical reviews
· Participate and assist in technical training and development of other staff members.
· Provide technical guidance and assistance to more junior level developers and assist with technical documentation and code reviews.
· Assist in evaluation, selection, and prototyping of technical architecture.
· Assist in identifying process improvements and application enhancements.
Number of Years of Work Experience:
· 6+ years of programming experience using Java, J2EE
· Experience with Relation Database Systems (RDBMS)/Azure SQL
· Hands on experience with Windows Operating Systems, DOS commands and batch files
· Experience with Service Oriented Architecture & SOAP-based/RESTFUL Web Services.
· Experience with Spring Framework
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
· Ability to handle multiple projects with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
· Ability to interact with and accept direction from multiple managers and clients.
· Ability to work independently, define, plan and manage projects.
· Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology.
· Experience with Perforce and Eclipse
· Experience working in a cross domain environment involving Java and other Open Source platforms.
· Experience with Tomcat/SQL Server.
· Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, or Crucible a plus
· Knowledge of Healthcare Information Systems.
· Supervisory or lead experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field