At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Summary: The Solutions Architect works as a key member of the Network Services in the Nuance on Demand team to provide Nuance customers with large-scale enterprise voice and mobile deployments that automate access to information and services over multiple channels and mediums. You will be responsible for solution (deployment) architecture, infrastructure definition, network connectivity, and the deployment of technical solutions that meet clients’ business and ROI objectives.
• Architecting technical solutions to solve our clients' business problems and that meet and exceed automation and ROI objectives.
• Managing the technical specification of the infrastructure architecture and design of the IVR and Outbound platform solution including environment specifications throughout the deployment lifecycle.
• Support, Architecture Design and Integration of the Cloudera platform including Hadoop, Hive & Hbase
• Providing cross-functional technical leadership on project teams.
• Interacting with our clients' counterpart and internal teams to solicit system-level technical requirements and resolve technical issues.
• Leading the development and documentation of the technical requirements and solutions architecture of the voice/mobile solution.
• Acting as the face of Network Services for client and Sales team for all new and existing deals related to hosting.
• Help with the RFI/RFP/Quoting process
• Providing technical support to Project Management, Network Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering and Operations.
• Working closely with the Project Management to actively support Project objectives, schedules and deliverables
• Planning and designing the physical deployment of a solution:
• Design system, network and rack layout for different projects so that they meet general deployment guidelines
• Work with system administrators and network engineer to define and document the location of the various virtual machines, required subnets and VLANS, VIPs, firewall rules
• Create application architecture designs to meet requirements of customer projects
• Design layout and configuration of hardware and systems based on project requirements
• Be responsible for the interrelated architectures of the NOD application platforms including the integrity of design, communications, interfaces between subsystems, and supporting databases.
• Third-level support for deployed systems
Number of Years of Work Experience: Minimum 8 years of working experience as a Solutions Architect, Systems Engineer, Solutions Engineer or equivalent role
Education: BS in computer Science/Engineering or equivalent technical degree
• Strong Agile, DevOps and Cloud experience is essential
• Experience with customer interaction experience is required
• Experience in hosted operations with large scale deployments
• Experience with supporting internet facing applications and solutions
• Experience with Administration of major operating systems including Linux, Solaris and Windows
• Experience with designing and configuring systems and network hardware and storage solutions
• Experience programing and scripting to automate and solve challenges
• Experience with Internet protocols, geo-graphic redundancy concepts and routing
• Experience working in controlled environments under SOX and PCI regulations
• Experience designing and architecting solutions for custom software
• Experience and in depth knowledge of Cloudera, Hadoop, Hbase & Hive
• Experience with Big Data and Large scale data warehouse platforms
• Experience with Open Source technology such as Apache, Tomcat
• Experience with multi-tenant hosting, SaaS and IaaS
• Experience with Datacenter Automation such as Puppet
• Experience with Version Control Systems such as Git and SVN
• Experience developing design documentation and diagrams
• Knowledge of mobile application development and deployment methods
• Knowledge of database subsystems including Oracle for reporting, data warehouse and disaster recovery
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Demonstrated problem solving, capacity planning and operations process creation skills
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Attention to detail with methodical problem-solving approach
• Good knowledge in current IT technology including Windows Server, Linux, VMware and Cisco Networking
• Familiarity with the following technologies; IVR, CTI, SS7, SIP, RTP, Cisco ICM, Cisco 5400, VMware, Cisco ASA, Server Load balancing, MPLS, BGP, OSPF is a plus
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.