At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Summary: Senior Principal Network Engineer required accommodating the rapid growth of Nuance's compute infrastructure for the Enterprise Cloud Service Division. An experienced individual is sought to plan and lead computing infrastructure delivery as well as to provide technical leadership performing the engineering and integration of data & voice communication infrastructure.
Daily responsibilities include interacting with Architecture, Product R&D, Operations, Information Security and project teams to ensure operational availability; perform design initiatives to enable new services; documentation of highly complex technical environments. All work is performed in a 7x24x365 high-availability environment.
Candidates must be well versed in routing, switching, load balancing and firewall technologies acquired through 10+ years in designing complex networking environments. Hands-on technical skills are required for this is position. Exposure to public and hybrid cloud services environments along with SDN topologies is required.
- Define the technical requirements for new deployments based on contracts signed with customers
- Define the system integration and engineering for new platform/program services
- Drive technical discussions with customers to finalize requirements and system engineering requirements to translate into computing infrastructure
- Design rack layout for projects to meet general deployment guidelines
- Work with Solution and System Engineers and Datacenter Operations to produce and maintain rack cabling diagrams
- Obtain quotes from suppliers for the required equipment to support design considerations
- Track shipments and installation set-up to meet project deadlines
- Work with Systems Administration, Datacenter Operations and Network Engineering to define and document the location of the various physical/virtual machines, required subnets/VLANS, VIPs, firewall rules, etc.
- Work with the peer network engineers to engineer & design the core/distribution/access layers within the datacenter footprint
- Evaluate and increase the capacity of the core/distribution/access network when capacity augmentation is required
- Provisioning and capacity planning
Number of Years of Work Experience:
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.