At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Summary: Principal Network Engineer required accommodating the rapid growth of Nuance's compute infrastructure for the Enterprise Cloud Service Division. An experienced individual is sought to plan and lead computing infrastructure delivery as well as to provide technical leadership performing the engineering and integration of data & voice communication infrastructure.
Daily responsibilities include interacting with Architecture, Product R&D, Operations, Information Security and project teams to ensure operational availability; perform design initiatives to enable new services; documentation of highly complex technical environments. All work is performed in a 7x24x365 high-availability environment.
Candidates must be well versed in routing, switching, load balancing and firewall technologies acquired through 10+ years in designing complex networking environments. Hands-on technical skills are required for this is position. Exposure to public and hybrid cloud services environments along with SDN topologies is required.
• Provides Engineering and Design contributions to complex, highly-available global computing environment.
• Engineer computing infrastructure solutions that meet customer and hybrid cloud requirements & standards. These solutions must be easily and cost-effectively deployed within Enterprise hosting centers and extensible to public cloud environments.
o Define the technical requirements for new deployments based on contracts signed with customers
o Define the system integration and engineering for new platform/program services
o Drive technical discussions with customers to finalize requirements and system engineering requirements to translate into computing infrastructure
• Third-level support for deployed systems
• Plan and design the physical deployment of a solution
o Design rack layout for projects to meet general deployment guidelines
o Work with Solutions Architecture and Datacenter Operations to produce and maintain rack cabling diagrams
o Obtain quotes from suppliers for the required equipment to support design considerations
o Track shipments and installation set-up to meet project deadlines
o Work with Systems Administration, Datacenter Operations and Network Engineering to define and document the location of the various physical/virtual machines, required subnets/VLANS, VIPs, firewall rules, etc.
• Participate in the definition and specification of the datacenter’s network services
o Work with the peer network engineers to engineer & design the core/distribution/access layers within the datacenter footprint
o Evaluate and increase the capacity of the core/distribution/access network when capacity augmentation is required
o Provisioning and capacity planning
• Participate in the development of provisioning/deployment tools and processes to enhance productivity and efficiency
Number of Years of Work Experience:
• 10+ years of experience with Cisco operating systems
• 5+ years’ scripting or coding experience with one or more languages
• Knowledge of network technologies
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects
• Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the team and the broader Nuance community
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to perform well in a dynamic environment, with on-time delivery
• Ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues
• Excellent problem solving and trouble-shooting skills which cross into other connecting technologies
• 10+ years of experience in a progressively responsible network design role
• Must have experience working with: Cisco IOS; Cisco Nexus; F5 BigIP LTM/GTM; Cisco ASA; Arista EoS and Arista CloudVision Portal (CVP)
• Experience designing network infrastructures supporting hosted operations within large-scale, global deployments.
• Experience in system architecture or systems engineering for integration into IP-based network infrastructures
• Experience in TDM/SIP telephony delivery and troubleshooting
• Demonstrated problem solving, capacity planning and process creation skills
• Intimate knowledge in current IT technologies including F5, Windows, Linux, VMware, Cisco Network Equipment, Palo Alto, Arista
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Attention to detail with methodical problem-solving approach
• Knowledge of voice-based applications (VoIP)
• Strong customer orientation
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Attention to detail and focus on quality
• Ability to act decisively and works well under pressure
• Must be able to work both collaboratively and assume a technical leadership role when required
• Experience working in a SaaS environment
• Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (Azure, AWS, Rackspace)
• Knowledge and understanding of ITIL or a similar IT Service Management framework
• Exposure to Arista EoS/CVP
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.