At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Summary: Reporting to a Professional Services manager, this individual is responsible for the technical aspects of Nuance solution delivery including speech and voice biometric technologies. The role will initially be focused towards voice biometrics, but it is expected to also require delivery of speech projects.
The Voice Biometrics Technical Lead will be responsible for collaborating on customer projects where complex technical solutions are sold. As part of a project team typically consisting of a Project Manager, Technical Account Manager, Installation Engineer, UI designer, and Speech Scientist; the Technical Lead’s duties on the project involve designing and sizing the solution architecture and may also include some software development, testing and deployment
The Technical Lead will be responsible for all technical aspects of a customer delivery.
The position is based in Tokyo primarily to service Nuance’s customers in Japan. Some projects may require an on-site presence at particular points in the delivery.
• Responsible for documenting system architecture, defining system interfaces and development of the technical solution design to meet clients’ business and ROI objectives for voice and voice biometric solutions,
• Interacting with our clients' counterpart and internal teams to solicit system-level technical requirements and resolve technical issues during design and project delivery,
• Work with Nuance sales staff on sales opportunities and project change requests for existing clients and new clients
• Providing cross-functional technical leadership during project delivery by identifying and explaining all technical aspects of the speech and/or voice biometric application to other Professional Services delivery team members, and to clients as needed,
• Support development, testing and deployment of Nuance speech and voice biometric solutions,
• Prepare and deliver solution overviews of speech and voice biometric solutions,
• Plan and execute hands on training sessions and demonstrations of Nuance speech and voice biometric products and solutions
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Make operational changes to systems
• Take the lead on short duration engagements to quickly deliver and prove out solution concepts using Nuance products and services
Number of Years of Work Experience: 8+ years of experience in a hands-on role designing, exploring and building innovative solutions.
• Strong technical requirement gathering and clear documentation approach
• Knowledge of protocols: HTTPS, TCP/IP, SIP, RTP, MRCP
• Web services technologies, e.g., SOAP, XML; and scripting languages and relational databases
• Exposure to a variety of backend systems (e.g., CTI, Call Routing, Call Recording, and CRM systems)
• Software development experience in Java and C#.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft office tools, especially Excel, Outlook, Word, Visio.
• IP telephony and potentially voice biometric and speech technologies.
• Working knowledge of telephony infrastructures and voice recording systems widely used by large financial and corporate customers: Genesys, CISCO, AVAYA.
Strong background as a Principal Lead in a similar role delivering large projects ($1M+ range)
• Domain knowledge in customer contact centre, data centre, networks, computing platforms, storage and networks
• Designing to meet customer InfoSec policies and procedures as it applies to data networks, processing systems and storage systems.
• Prior work designing and deploying enterprise systems using voice biometrics and speech recognition technologies
• Experience in the following technology sectors - IVR/CTI, S/W hosting, ASR, telecom or other carrier-grade voice services
• Technological self-starter (Database query skills to get data some data, installation of packages and dependencies to asses features and integration options) with a demonstrated aptitude for exploring solutions prior to engagement with customers
• Manipulating contact centre data through Excel, R, Python, Tablaeu or other tools for quantitative analysis of facts and performance.
• Work within a windows server environment and have a good understanding of basic server functionalities, including RDP, accessing/mapping, SSH, network drives, etc.
• Certifications: (Cisco, Avaya, Genesys, Nortel)
Preferred Skills: Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or similar.
Education: Able to work in government and financial institutions that may require background or clearance checks.