Nuance operates a 24x7 Service Operations Centre (SOC) which monitors and provides Tier1 and Tier2 support across our global Mobile and Automotive cloud based SaaS services.
This is an exciting time as we transition our services to the Public Cloud. Therefore, experience of operating in both private and public clouds is desirable (either Azure, or AWS would be highly advantageous).
The Service Operation Centre is at the heart of our SaaS operations providing Incident, Event and Problem Management as well as on-boarding new customers and services through Service Transition. As the Service Operations Centre Manager, you are accountable for all the actions of the SOC, providing management and leadership to the Team. You are responsible for creating and maintaining internal processes and procedures to be followed in service operations, including the escalation of reported issues. The NOC Manager’s overall responsibility is ensuring quality and performance of the Service Operations Centre service levels.
This role is part of a on-call team providing out of hours Major Incident Management, support and coordination.
- Manages and oversees the day to day running and requirements of the Service Operations Centre
- Responsible for managing a team of 11 Incident Managers and Engineers
- Coordinate Operations Centre personnel to ensure continuous (24x7) operations of mission critical production systems.
- Ensure all issues follow established escalation paths and are resolved promptly.
- Incident and Major Incident management (including process ownership). Driving rapid service restoration and facilitating timely and accurate internal and external incident communication.
- Act as an escalation contact for Major Incidents.
- Establish and maintain a working knowledge of the division’s applications, systems and infrastructure.
- Manage and assign tasks and workload related to on-going support tickets and projects.
- Develop procedures and appropriate training to improve operational support and service take-on/readiness.
- People Management, coaching, performance management and development – driving the growth of the SOC staff so that necessary standards are met and maintained.
- Analyze process performance using a continuous improvement philosophy to meet the operational needs of the organisation.
- Design and implement work flows and processes/procedures to achieve efficient use of staffing resources while maintaining service quality.
- Establishing a robust SOC Knowledge Management system.
- Analyze workload efficiency of staff to redesign work flows and recommend required staffing levels to management.
- Production of team KPIs and monthly reports. Preparing performance reports and communicating to staff and other management teams in Monthly Service Performance Reviews.
- Working in participation with Change Management on maintenance schedules and maintenance bridges
- Working in participation with Problem Management identifying repeat incidents and addressing root causes.
- Working with and across multiple teams to drive improvements in pro-active alerting and monitoring
Qualifications: Number of Years of Work Experience: 5 years industry experience or equivalent.
- Managing a team in an operational environment - management and supervisory skills required, plus the ability to plan and prepare.
- Experience of working in virtual/global teams.
- Experience in setting up and managing off-shore teams.
- Working knowledge of operational support escalation – Incident and Major Incident Management.
- Experience designing workflows, processes and procedures around mixed skill sets.
- Self-motivated, highly proactive with a customer service philosophy and attitude.
- The ability to produce metrics, KPIs and perform trend analysis.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written as well as presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- An independent thinker with the ability to make sound technical decisions using the information at hand.
- Must be able to lead a team effectively and influence without authority and work within a matrixed team environment.
- Have a structured and flexible approach to operations management.
- Very strong organisation and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and deliver quality and accurate under tight time-scales.
- Exposure to IT Service Management Tools (JIRA, Remedy, Service NOW or equivalent).
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Experience of ISO standards and audits (9001, 27001) and SOX audits advantageous
- Knowledge of monitoring/event management tools (such as Zenoss, SolarWinds, Website pulse, Sensu, Grafaha or equivalent)
Education: Degree level or equivalent