At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Summary: Individual will be responsible for completing all tasks related to the fixed assets monthly close cycle.
• Prepare month end close tasks for assigned functional areas (including high risk areas) with reduced supervision within a tight financial close timeline. Tasks include but not limited to preparation and review of journal entries, account analyses and documentation of fluctuations, preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
• Perform complex balance sheet reconciliations such as Prepaid Expenses, Fixed Assets, Accrued Expenses, Accounts Payable and prepare correcting entries
• Ability to interpret and independently review financial data provided by the wider Finance Group and others; identify potential issues and initiate resolution.
• Analyze results (balance sheet and P&L) and to provide meaningful explanations and insight to account movements.
• Document financial close processes
• Identify and implement process improvements
• Indirect supervision and development of India team supporting North American GL.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5+
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
• CPA a plus
• Mix of public accounting and two to four years of experience in high-tech fast paced company preferred
• Excellent quantitative, analytical, and spreadsheet skills required
• Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills required
• Oracle or ERP systems experience is preferred
• Knowledge of Oracle
• Experience working within the finance group of a large company with high transactional volume
Education: Bachelors Degree or greater, Accounting Concentration
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.