At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Imaging team…greater document flexibility for more personal productivity. We are passionate about designing and building secure technology that empowers companies to gain control of their document management processes and ensure their proprietary and customer information is protected.
Summary: The Reporting Solutions and Data Architect identifies opportunities, collects requirements, designs, and develops systems supporting the reporting needs of the entire NDI organization, spanning sales, operations, marketing, and product management. Specifically, the Reporting Solutions and Data Architect designs, develops, and maintains end-to-end reporting solutions from raw data source collection/integration to final end-user reporting; including data validation, enrichment, transformation, and visualization.
• Develops and implements the comprehensive division data strategies; including data modeling, implementation and data management.
• Provides technical leadership in the development and support of technological application infrastructure and related data warehouses.
• Provides leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices.
• Leads efforts in the design, development, and implementation stages of the system development life-cycle including analysis, design, coding, documentation, testing, implementation, and training.
• Leads discussions with Business Analysts and/or other members of technical teams during requirements gathering and provide guidance on writing highly complex technical specifications.
• Provides subject matter expertise on workability of designs, architecture, and testing. Researches and recommends solutions to client requirements. Builds consensus around solutions where possible and provides direction when needed.
• Leads collaboration with cross-functional teams and contributes to group outcomes. Assumes responsibility for individual and team assignments and software development projects.
• Acts as mentor to team members to accomplish development tasks.
• Writes well-commented code and adheres to naming conventions. Reviews code against established standards and ensure team and own compliance.
• Supports and reviews production applications and databases to ensure the stability of applications and appropriate access to data in the production environment.
• Troubleshoots a wide variety of complex problems and identifies solutions within broad applications and functional expertise.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5-8
• Demonstrated experience designing, building, and maintaining data warehouses and end-to-end reporting solutions.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Data Tools
• Solid understanding of data pipelines, data ingestion, and data delivery into a data warehouse
• Tableau Development experience
• Web-based development
• SharePoint Development
Education: 4 Year Degree Required
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.