At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Government Programs is a client-facing, cross-functional, remote team dedicated to serving the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) and other Federal hospitals with Nuance and partner software solutions. Our products include Dragon, coding, compliance, revenue, workflow, clinical documentation improvement, and CLU-powered solutions for providers, CDI specialists, coders, and others. We value associates who help our clients achieve outcomes that deliver measurable value, work effectively with a team, and maintain accountability to themselves, to our clients, and to each other.
Software QA Engineer: Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems. Maintains various environments for testing.
Responsibilities: Ensure the delivery of a quality Dragon software product by the following:
• Manage QA server farm
• Execute manual and automated test cases
• Create automated test script with Unified Functional Tester
• Test for Section 508 compliance with JAWS software
• Create, Manage, and organize supporting documentation
• Collect and present data for metrics
• Communicate with partners and development
• Provide novel technical solutions to issues and to increase efficiency of QA
• Work efficiently and effectively autonomously
• 5+ years QA experience and a strong knowledge of QA methodologies, process, and improvement implementation. Significant exposure to standard quality assurance technologies and protocols such as bug reporting and verification, CMMI capability index, smoke tests, regression tests, feature tests, load and performance tests.
• Certification related to Quality or Software preferred
• BS Computer Science or related
• Willing to undergo and able to pass a US Government background investigation
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.