At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Summary: As a Content Designer, you will be designing the user experience for web/mobile-based applications. You will work on a multi-disciplinary team of colleagues and domain experts to discover user requirements, match these needs against customer goals, and build and optimize applications. Among other activities, you will validate functionality choices, design intuitive and adaptive dialog flows, write natural, conversational, and personalized dialogs, anticipate user responses, and define and optimize grammars. You'll perform Usability Testing with consumers to further refine functionality and design choices. As a Content Designer, you will need to learn about user populations and work effectively with customers on each engagement, while simultaneously working toward the customer's financial goals and remaining the authority on best practices in user-centered design. Your successes will be measured by a combination of business targets you reach or surpass; your relationships with customers, partners, and the team; and the positive impression your designs leave in the minds of users.
• Discover and analyze requirements from both the customer's and the user’s perspective. Be THE advocate for the user amid shifting and often unclear business requirements.
• Own and influence the design of AI chat bot solutions with Fortune 100 companies.
• Create effective design documentation including dialog flows, functional logic, and content to match the established system persona.
• Assist in implementing these designs using in-house self-service tools, interacting with developers, directing voice talents, and performing usability tests.
• Analyze performance of the application in the field with regard to performance metrics and user experience, and recommend specific changes to improve user satisfaction and application performance.
• Design alternative solutions, evaluating them to choose the best approach. Visualize and prototype intended solutions. Meet and collaborate with customers, users, and development partners to validate conceptual designs.
• Approach design problems with a user-centered design methodology and an understanding of best practices within Mobile, Web, Tablets, and Desktop applications.
• Compose user flows, story maps, and highly detailed artifacts using text, diagrams, illustrations, and/or prototypes to outline product, feature, and function specifications as required
• Support ad hoc project requests that may be unrelated to customer requirements or product knowledge (e.g., the preparation of workshop packages, demos, and conceptual mock-ups)
• Facilitate presentations and discussions with customers, users, and developers to drive resolution on proposed features and functionality.
• Maintain familiarity with other company products and competitive products to ensure thought and design leadership.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Experience with Dialog or Speech Design / Voice User Interface / Natural Language Understanding is a plus
• Professional writing experience
• Experience creating UI/UX for mobile and an understanding of mobile design patterns and their application when creating UI task flows and artifact
• Creativity, strong logic skills, and the ability to work in a dynamic, challenging, and consultative environment
• Native-level English fluency
• Strong Microsoft Windows skills, including MS Office
• Metrics-driven and an ability to understand and leverage metrics and to translate them into business value
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to do detailed analysis of application performance and trends in order to provide insight and recommendations
• Strong communication skills and the ability to develop and confidently deliver polished presentations to customers and internal teams
• Availability to travel on-site with customers up to 15%
Education: BA / BS or equivalent experience in human factors engineering, product interface design, linguistics, cognitive science, experimental psychology, technical writing, or a related field.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.