At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Nuance seeks an experienced Information Security Engineer to develop and contribute security standards, architecture/design criteria and solutions for all product/platform components in all stages of the software development lifecycle of its Mobility Division.
This role will work alongside development, operations, professional services and management to establish “security-in-design” and ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Mobility’s applications and customer-, employee- and company proprietary- data.
The individual will lead the division’s efforts to prepare for security incident response, including alerting and detecting capabilities through security tools such as SIEM, Event Correlation, File Integrity Monitoring, IPS/IDS, AV/AM, Netflow, etc., and improvements to the Event Management and Incident Handling processes for the division.
This role serves as the Security Incident Manager, coordinating investigation, remediation and communications pursuant to the division’s Incident Handling process.
Number Of Years Of Work Experience:
• Minimum five (8) years of experience in network, infrastructure, OS, or software engineering
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in information security
• In-depth knowledge of IT organization end-to-end areas and functions
• In-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge of IT and Information Security
• Strong understanding of network security, systems security, and application security
• CISSP, CISM or similar information security credentials
• Understanding of the information security vendor landscape
• In-depth knowledge of at least three: networking, infrastructure, operating system, database, application, and web services employed in platform- and software- as a service
• Solid understanding of systems and tools required to provide configuration and patch management; asset management, and monitoring in a large scale hosting environment
• Experience with security related technical tools (Palo Alto, Tripwire, Splunk, ELK) and processes
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work both independently with sole responsibility, and as part of a team to deliver quality work product in a timely fashion in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with peers across divisions
• CCNA, MSCE and other such credentials
• Linux and Windows Operating System Administration
• Access Control technologies; LDAP, Active Directory and Identity & Access Management
• MS Azure and Amazon Web Services
• PKI and Key Management
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.