At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Responsible for cloud NLU development and engineering .
NLU development engineering work for various customer projects:
- Analysis of customer requirements for realizing NLU on features.
- In accordance to customer requirement analysis, specifying data needed to train NLU models.
- Use existing tools or develop new tools training models for projects and products.
- Work with application development engineers and QA teams within the scope of one or more customer projects to realize the project deliverables.
- Support our customers’ speech software teams to help them evaluate and integrate Nuance NLU technology into successful products in an efficient way.
- Customer focus.
- Native speaker of Chinese, fluent English speaker;
- Basic Natural Language Understanding or statistical / semantic language modeling technology and tools;
- Familiarity with IT fundamentals and DOS/Unix command line usage (programming skills are welcome);
- Team player;
- Good listener and communicator;
- Positive "can-do" attitude, well organized, focusing on achieving results cost-effectively. - Self-learner, with sense of initiative, and perseverance to deliver high quality work.
- Background in speech technology, computational language, natural language understanding etc.
- Advanced user of Windows and Linux platforms. - Engineering practices in design, coding with Java or C/C++, and testing.
Education: Bachelor degree or above in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Information technology or a comparable field.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf . If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.