At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Summary: We are seeking an experienced cloud network engineer to contribute to infrastructure and network projects that the engineer and integrate speech recognition solutions across the Mobile division .
Daily responsibilities include interacting with Engineers, R&D, Operations, Information Security and Project teams build and deliver new SaaS services and infrastructure and also ensure the operational availability and efficacy of Mobile products.
Candidates must be well versed in cloud computing in addition to routing, switching, load balancing and firewall technologies acquired through 5+ years combined experience in network, cloud and hosting environments. Hands-on technical experience in Linux administration and scripting, along with excellent communications skills, are required to succeed in this fast paced and challenging role.
RELOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE. QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCAL TO CANADA
• Build complex, highly-available global computing environments that deliver Nuance Mobile's SaaS speech recognition products and platforms.
• Implement infrastructure solutions that satisfy customer requirements, cost-efficiency objectives and security standards.
• Contribute to technical, design review and security discussions to implement solutions that adhere to change control process, best practice standards and internal policies and procedures.
• Provide 2nd and 3rd tier support as required for deployed systems on an ad hoc and on call basis.
• Work with Infrastructure, Platform, Support, Datacenter, Network, Database and Security teams to review and maintain documentation of network systems in the public and private cloud.
Number of Years of Work Experience:
• Able to administer and operate large scale cloud and network infrastructures to support SaaS operations for high-profile customers.
• Extensive working knowledge of both cloud and network technologies Recent experience with Cisco, Linux and f5, plus Azure or AWS.
• Able to configure LAN and WAN network protocols with a solid understanding both concepts and syntax.
• Solid understanding of security best practices and controls related to infrastructure, particularly in cloud.
• Excellent problem solving, collaboration interpersonal and communication skills are critical to success in this position.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions using open source technologies
• Experience or working knowledge of SD-WAN technologies
• Experience with Palo Alto and Arista products
• Knowledge and understanding of ITIL or a similar IT Service Management framework
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent (Required)
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent (Preferred)
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.