At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Summary: The selected candidate will be responsible for technicially leading and designing, developing and executing system tests for the public cloud migration for all our customers In addition this candidate should have excellent automation skills. The candidate will also trouble shoot issues and write detailed bugs reports and status reports so that progress in testing can be easily tracked.
• Candidate will be responsible to lead automotive solutions developed by Nuance. This will involve coming up with test strategies, driving QA and project meetings, assigning tasks to different team members, reviewing and analyzing test results of the team, holding defect triage meetings.
• Responsible for the test execution on a system level to perform load, performance, endurance and high availability testing. Additional responsibilities include complex system trouble shooting and quality delivery of the different supported language
• Document, design, execute and complex tests that demonstrate that complex requirements are met over a long period of time (stability and performance tests) and with an extreme amount of data.
• Work in implementing and maintaining the automation framework of the test infrastructure. This includes developing new automated testcases, in addition to maintaining existing ones
• Use and develop trouble-shooting tools and methodologies that minimize the turn around time of issue identification.
• Trouble shoot and suggest improvements on administration practices for data centers in the field.
• Report and maintain complex results in a clear and structure manner.
Report bugs in a clear and concise manner and be prepare to support the team in trouble-shooting the root cause.
• Report progress on test efforts clearly.
• Work with the development and research teams to plan and strategize releases on time.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 7+ years Industry experience in Software Quality Assurance
• Bachelor or Graduate University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
• 7+ years of industry experience in Software Quality Assurance or Integration and Verification of SW solutions in complex environments.
• Programming languages knowledge: Java, C/C++
• Advance knowledge of Linux (installation, configuration, maintenance).
•Solid understanding of computer and/or telecommunication networks and excellent troubleshooting skills in those environments;
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Demostrated Leadership abilities. Motivated and good team player
• The ability to learn quickly in a dynamic and very demanding environment
• Ability to analyze and solve complex problems quickly and creatively. Have a customer mindset when proposing solutions;
• Experience working in the public cloud.
• Experience testing software releases in an Agile environement.
• Experience and knowledge of development environment for cellular phones such as iPhone, Blackberry, Android, J2ME, Symbian, Brew or Windows Mobile;
• Experience with speech recognition and NLU
• Knowledge of Junit, HttpUnit, Fitnesse or other API testing tools.
• Familiarity with Agile Development process, Rally/Jira tools
Education: Bachelors or Graduate University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf . If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.