At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Summary: The candidate will work on challenging research problems that have a concrete impact on real-world applications. The focus of this position is to improve end-to-end performance of Nuance’s in-car Dragon Drive Assistant, including data analytics, error mining, automatic error correction, and innovative ASR+NLU models.
• Conduct research and experiments to solve problems related to Natural Language Processing and Language Modeling.
• Implement prototypes to test innovative ideas.
• Participate in integration of new algorithms into a demo or production platform.
• Analyze and improve performance of in-house and external algorithms.
• Present findings (written reports or oral presentations, as appropriate).
Number of Years of Work Experience: 3+
• Machine learning.
• Natural language processing (NLP).
• Strong programming and debugging skills; able to prototype research ideas effectively.
• Experience running accuracy experiments and systematically improving performance.
• Ability to take initiative, as well as follow a plan and work well as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
Education: Advanced degree (MSc/PhD) in computer science (or related field) or equivalent work experience.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.