At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Imaging team…greater document flexibility for more personal productivity. We are passionate about designing and building secure technology that empowers companies to gain control of their document management processes and ensure their proprietary and customer information is protected.
Summary: In this role as the Regional Sales Manager, the RSM will oversee the activities of team members selling Nuance Digital Imaging products/services through our major Partner Channels (Canon, Ricoh, KMBS, Xerox, HP etc.), The Regional Sales Manager is assigned a geographic territory and covers all of our Partners. Each partner has a unique set of processes and culture that you will need to become familiar with as you drive the opportunities and relationships. You will also work with a Technical Consultant to help train and support technical Sales activities.
Responsibilities: Become the Nuance Document Imaging product expert for the assigned partners.
• Deliver assigned targets in the assigned territory for the fiscal year.
• Act as the escalation point for reported issues and problems from team members or customers, following through to satisfactory resolution.
• Identify emerging markets and product demands for our Partner sales Reps, then translate this information into sales strategies and tactics for your assigned territory.
• Work with team members to devise strategies for underperforming market segments or customers, and evaluate if and how to adjust sales tactics accordingly.
• Recruit as needed to expand their team to support increased sales levels, and bring additional Sales and Professional Services resources to the delivery and customer support process.
• Formulate business cases and solution scenarios, leading to adoption by end users and customers.
• Diligently monitor budgets, sales in progress, pipeline activity, and new prospects/opportunities using pipe-line sales cycle management techniques.
• Oversee the ongoing record maintenance of full sales opportunities and activities in Nuance’s forecasting/CRM system (Salesforce.com).
• Prepare and present frequent reports (weekly) to senior management on status, results, as well as progress and activities on projects, forecasts, and sales revenues.
• Manage and implement policies and procedures for their direct sales teams, and devise process improvements that result in enhancements to the sales process and/or increased sales.
• It is expected that you will spend 70% of your time in the field with the Partners
Number of Years of Work Experience: 8
• 5+ years of experience selling Enterprise Software Solutions, preferably Capture software solutions, ECM and/or BPM
• Familiarity with Print Management solutions
• Experience working with Fortune 500 at C-Level
• Experience managing complex enterprise sales cycles
• Ability to solve complex problems with creative and innovative techniques
• Ability to work solutions through a reseller channel enabling them while supporting their sales cycles
• Proven track record of exceeding annual targets
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
Preferred Skills: Partner experience, successful track record in a related Partner Sales Role, MFP industry experience. Salesforce.com experience. Strong sales & technical ability to demo and white board complex solutions with customers and partners.
Education: Bachelors or Graduate University degree in Business Administration is preferred; a degree in other related fields of study (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, etc.) would also suffice.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.