At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Summary: Responsible for applying in-depth knowledge of the network, networking protocols and applications to remediate any and all problems. Excellent written and oral communication skills are mandatory in order to work efficiently with the technical and non-technical customer organizations and the internal product management, professional service and engineering teams. The primary functions of this job are to perform expert level server, network and application installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, repair and automation, execute tactical projects, and own overall problem resolution. Ensuring that all internal and external SLAs are met is critical.
• Understand all network technologies, designs and product offerings in order to troubleshoot and analyze complex network designs/issues and provide short/long term resolution and automation plans.
• Understand, apply and maintain network, infrastructure and application standards as documented by Product Management, Professional Services, Architecture and Engineering.
• Provide expert-level technical product feedback, optimization and design improvements to Product Management, Professional Services and Engineering.
• Participate with team in ensuring 24/7 Global availability of the provided Services
• Perform all product and service installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, repair and automation responsibilities in a high pressure, short timeline environment; this will include managing and responding to dissatisfied customer organizations.
• Manage short and mid-range projects with little-to-no supervision, including operations requirement reviews on upcoming products and projects, MOP (Method of Procedures) authoring and peer reviews, software and hardware installation and upgrades, maintenance scheduling and execution, automation framework plugin creation, installation and maintenance.
• Manage all aspects of MOP execution, including detailed authoring, peer reviews, execution, and reversion. Ensuring the customer is well informed and perceives no degradation is paramount.
• Responsible for authoring coherent global change requests and providing thorough-but-swift responses to the change review board.
• Collaborate with vendors, suppliers, customers, and internal teams to determine root causes and provide permanent resolutions to chronic issues
• Creates and implements corrective action plans to address any and all issues.
• Remotely monitor availability and performance of services/features, alarms and indicators of quality
• Perform remote testing of products and services
• Respond to tickets/issues created by internal and external Customers directly or by our support team whom communicate with our customers
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues reported by monitoring tools; self-motivated deep dive investigation and resolution is critical.
• Proactively identify systemic/network affecting events and implement solutions before they become problems
• Remotely load/update application and embedded software versions across multiple heterogeneous platforms and networks through automation frameworks.
• Participate in an on-call rotation
• Provide expert level support to all areas of Network Operations. Mentoring and training new company team members is compulsory.
• Manage of all Services issue/ticket queues, including incident allocation and technical validations/reviews
• Management of technical issues that require organization and management of 3rd party vendor/supplier activities
• Monitor network, service, platform and application performance with the goal of identifying patterned deficiencies and prescribing temporary work-arounds and permanent fixes through the use of programmable automation, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication on the topic
• Work with tools such as Wireshark, Query Analyzer, PL/SQL Developer, as well as common scripting and automation programming languages (Python, Perl, C, C++, JS)
• Development of system tools to automate recurring tasks
• Maintain an online operations knowledge base that provides break/fix instructions, troubleshooting tips, and analysis steps for operations staff
• Own the service
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5-7
• Advanced understanding of IP networking (Cisco IOS, Juniper JunOS and Dell switching)
• Advanced level experience diagnosing Data/IP/VoIP networks
• Advanced knowledge of Windows 7, Server 2008R2 and CentOS/Redhat Linux administration
• Advanced knowledge of MySQL and Postgres query language, system level configuration, optimization and maintenance
• Demonstrated skill in programming/scripting to automate and simplify day to day tasks
• Advanced knowledge of C, C++, Python, PERL or other programming language
• Advanced equipment skills, including physical installation and commissioning of servers, switches and routers
• Shift work and on-call flexibility
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Fluency in English language
• Fluency in Spanish language a plus
• Fluency in Brazilian Portuguese language a plus
Education: BS/BA degree in related field, preferably in engineering or computer science
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.