At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Nuance Global IT team is focused on supporting the company and employees with technical solutions and expertise that help the business run more efficiently, ensure security and data privacy, and support new IT infrastructure initiatives that drive innovation. Our team is composed of problem solvers with constant curiosity and different perspectives who love to collaborate to transform and rethink IT.
Summary: Candidate will provide global level 3 support to Windows and Linux systems as well as virtualization platforms with responsibility for tickets, user requests, outages, updates, upgrades, virtualization, and cloud initiatives. The Senior Systems Engineer will report to the IT Infrastructure Engineering Operations Manager.
• Assist systems engineering team to implement solutions as well as develop detailed specifications and documentation.
• Identify, implement & maintain inventory, and manage upgrades and software/firmware updates of global server platforms.
• Interface directly with internal customers to implement and validate configuration changes, troubleshoot issues, schedule and manage updates/upgrades, etc.
• Develop tools to deploy, manage, monitor and troubleshoot systems at scale.
• Provide mentoring and coaching to less senior staff.
• Support Corporate Business applications.
• After hours support is required to accommodate maintenance or special projects as well as tier 3 support for incidents
• Take direction from management and NSO to execute global security initiatives.
• Work closely with support partners to promptly resolve incidents.
• Assist in unifying global monitoring system
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5+
• 5+ years of overall IT experience.
• 5+ years of experience in cloud technology, enterprise Linux management (RHEL, CentOS), Windows Server management, preferably in a highly virtualized environment.
• In depth knowledge of Linux platforms, incl. RHEL clusters, Kickstart, Satellite, NIS, LDAP.
• Scripting proficiency in at least one of the following languages: python, ruby, perl, bash
• Experience in advanced tuning and configuration servers
• Excellent troubleshooting experience
• Experience with Windows platforms
• Experience with virtualization platforms, especially VMWare
• HP Blade platforms experience
• Hyper-converged platforms experience (Nutanix, Simplivity)
• Knowledge of monitoring solutions including Nagios, WhatsUp Gold
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Customer service skills
• RHEL or Windows Server Certification
• VMware Certification
• Security Certification
• External cloud experience using AWA, Azure, Google
• Other relevant certifications are a plus
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related work experience