At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Nuance Global IT team is focused on supporting the company and employees with technical solutions and expertise that help the business run more efficiently, ensure security and data privacy, and support new IT infrastructure initiatives that drive innovation. Our team is composed of problem solvers with constant curiosity and different perspectives who love to collaborate to transform and rethink IT.
Summary: Candidates must be well versed in all aspects of compute, storage, operating systems and virtualization technologies acquired through 10+ years in designing complex systems environments. Hands-on technical skills are required for this is position. Exposure to public and hybrid cloud services environments along with knowledge of relevant cloud providers (Azure AWS, etc…) is required.
Daily responsibilities include interacting with Architecture, Product R&D, Operations, Information Security and project teams to ensure operational availability; perform design initiatives to enable new services; documentation of highly complex technical environments. Lead for major systems deployment projects. All work is performed in a 7x24x365 high-availability environment.
• Provides Engineering and Design contributions to complex, highly-available global computing environment.
• Engineer computing infrastructure solutions that meet customer and hybrid cloud requirements & standards. These solutions must be easily and cost-effectively deployed within Corporate IT Data Centers and extensible to public cloud environments.
o Define the technical requirements for new deployments based requirements provided by the architecture team
o Define the system integration and engineering for new platform/program services
o Drive technical discussions with architecture team and internal customers to finalize system engineering requirements to translate into computing infrastructure
• Third-level support for deployed systems
• Plan and execute the physical deployment of a solution
o Design rack layout for projects to meet general deployment guidelines
o Work with Solutions Architecture and Datacenter Operations to produce and maintain rack cabling diagrams
o Obtain quotes from suppliers for the required equipment to support design considerations
o Track shipments and installation set-up to meet project deadlines
o Work with Systems Administration, Datacenter Operations and Network Engineering to define and document the location of the various physical/virtual machines, required subnets/VLANS, VIPs, firewall rules, etc.
• Participate in the definition and specification of the datacenter’s network services
• Work with the peer systems engineers to engineer & deploy the virtualization infrastructure within the datacenter footprint
o Evaluate and increase the capacity of the systems infrastructure when capacity augmentation is required
• Participate in the development of provisioning/deployment tools and processes to enhance productivity and efficiency
Number of Years of Work Experience: 10+
• 10+ years of overall IT experience.
• 5+ years of experience in cloud technology, enterprise Linux management (RHEL, CentOS), Windows Server management, preferably in a highly virtualized environment.
• In depth knowledge of Linux platforms, incl. RHEL clusters, Kickstart, Satellite, NIS, LDAP.
• Scripting proficiency in at least one of the following languages: python, ruby, perl, bash
• Experience in advanced tuning and configuration servers
• Excellent troubleshooting experience
• Experience with Windows platforms
• Experience with virtualization platforms, especially VMWare
• HP Blade platforms experience
• Hyper-converged platforms experience (Nutanix, Simplivity)
• Knowledge of monitoring solutions including Nagios, WhatsUp Gold
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Customer service skills
• Strong customer orientation
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Attention to detail and focus on quality
• Ability to act decisively and works well under pressure
• Must be able to work both collaboratively and assume a technical leadership role when required
• Experience working in a SaaS environment
• Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (Azure, AWS, Rackspace)
• Knowledge and understanding of ITIL or a similar IT Service Management framework
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent (Required)
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.