At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Summary: The successful candidate will have a background in consulting or professional services, experience with SaaS delivery and project management, account and program management, deep leadership capabilities, extensive experience managing software development projects, experience managing matrix project teams, and vendor management. The candidate must have a technical background and be able to lead technical teams and provide leadership in resolving technical issues.
• Responsible for the successful deployment of projects for our enterprise customers, ensuring that projects meet or exceed customer expectations
• Day to day management of the allocated project team resources, and customer project team resources, to ensure successful completion of the project milestones
• Creation and maintenance of project forecasts and a deep understanding of professional services’ operational metrics such as backlog, funded hours, etc.
• Ensure strong process adherence by the project team members including time reporting
• Responsible for maintaining on time achievement of project milestones & budget, and strong focus on the customer which can be at times in conflict with each other.
• Partner with account managers and service managers to conduct need assessments on a regular basis to ensure excellent customer service is being provided
• Provide direction, leadership, and coaching on project specific tasks as well as individuals’ professional development
• Demonstrate the ability to adapt to and lead change and coach others in the acceptance and support of change
• Work with account management and sales to assess customer requests and assist in the creation of SOWs
• Responsible for adherence to project management standards and processes while maintaining exceptional customer focus
• Ensure project progress and information is communicated frequently and the internal and external customers are supported in the most appropriate manner
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
• Strong team building and talent management skills, and the ability to motivate team members to achieve goals, with the ability to creatively solve problems, and manage calmly under pressure
• Superior project management skills with solid experience in technical project management
• Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and/or teams across multiple functions. Extremely capable of a high degree of parallelism/multitasking
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal
• Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills, helping others learn quickly and efficiently
• Ability to provide positive and constructive feedback that enables others to succeed
• Ability to understand the various functions needed to accomplish delivering the project and coordinate across the different departments (i.e. Sales, Product Management, Engineering, Testing) to deliver the project
• Deep experience in technical project management including sound understanding of good design, system scalability, and troubleshooting
• Ability to travel overseas, if needed
• Experience with delivering projects for enterprise customers
Number of Years of Work Experience: 7+ Years
• 7+ years experience in technical project management
• Must have spent at least 3-5 years in a hands on technical role
• Must have 3+ years consulting or professional services experience
• Expertise in SDLC methodologies
• Experience with driving and implementing process improvement initiatives
• PMP Certification
*Familiar with web and mobile technologies
• Six Sigma Certification
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.