At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Summary: This is a critical role within the UK Network Operations Centre (NOC) team that will be responsible for responding to, coordinating, communicating and leading the department’s incidents and major incidents. The NOC is central point for monitoring our SaaS services 24 x 7 and is the contact centre for our customers. A broad technical understanding across service operations and hosting is essential. Due to the nature and responsibly of this role the Incident Manager needs to possess the relevant skills to maintain a calm composure with the ability to command and direct with authority in a crisis.
In addition, to incident management you will provide support to Event, Problem and Change Management as well as request fulfillment.
Whilst this is not a management role there are leadership requirements to train, coach and mentor other staff members ensuring a balance between ability, understanding and consistency within the teams and department.
This is a shift based role (4 shift on / 4 shifts off) working as part of a team covering 24 hrs, 365 days a year.
• Incident Management Responsibilities:
o Coordinating and driving for resolution of all Incidents to meet customer(s) SLAs
o Generating accurate and informative incident communications and updates regularly throughout incidents.
o Leading and driving support teams to facilitate the prompt resolution of incidents.
o Accurately record and update incident tickets through their lifecycle.
o Create succinct and accurate post incident reports for major incidents.
o Attend major incident reviews with the NOC Manager and Problem Management Team
• Shift Leadership Responsibilities:
o Ensuring operational pre/post shift readiness and coordinating shift handovers
o Ensuring that the internal and external customer(s) expectations are being met by the team.
o Ensure smooth execution of tasks assigned to the team
o Producing shift reports and production status reports.
o Ensuring team adherence to departmental policies and processes.
o Facilitating knowledge management for the NOC team ensuring knowledge articles are updated and current.
o Overseeing NOC problem management activities; identifying and reporting reoccurring incidents and service affecting issues
o Working with the Problem Management Team and other operational teams to implement workarounds and permanent fixes
o Ensure comprehensive shift handovers take place between fellow shift leads and the Engineering teams
o Continually driving efficiency and effectiveness of the departments processes, procedures and performance.
o Identifying and/or coordinating team development with NOC Manager: technical and process training.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5 years’ industry experience
• Strong technical understanding of SaaS based hosting environments or a background within a 24x7 Operations Centre or NOC environment.
• Exposure to high transaction, high availability, 24x7 mission critical environments.
• Real-world exposure to incident management, problem management, change management, and a strong understanding of SLAs and OLAs.
• Strong crisis management skills - able to lead, direct others and remain calm in stressful situations.
• Ability to assess and respond to monitoring tools and alerts (such as Zenoss, Solarwinds, Nagios, HP OMi, or equivalent tools)
• Knowledge and experience in multi-platform technology environments.
• Ability to influence and lead technical conversations with various internal/external groups.
• Must be able to assimilate information quickly, make informed decisions and prioritise accordingly.
• Thrive in a fast-moving environment and cope with and react to constant change
• Experience and aptitude for mentoring and training other staff members.
• Experience of Service Management ticketing tools (such as Remedy, JIRA, Service Now or equivalent)
• Flexibility to work shifts
• Good linux skills at command line level
• Must be confident, self-assured and proactive
• Strong interpersonal skills, influential and assertive
• Excellent communications skills - verbal, written and presentation
• A ‘can do’ attitude
• Energy and commitment
Preferred Skills: ITIL V3 Foundation
Education: Degree level or equivalent industry experience