At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Work with sales to develop deal structures which accomplish customer objectives while yielding desired economics and accounting outcomes for Nuance
· Provide oversight and direction to direct report to support the divisional sales process
· Provide effective performance feedback to ensure organizational goals are met
· Ensure deal writeups are completed in both ASC 605 and 606 to ensure compliance
· Drive implementation and testing of new ASC 606 accounting system.
· Work both within TRA and cross-functionally to analyze and implement operational efficiencies
· Analyze, operationalize and implement new accounting standards (including system implementation)
· Work with divisional marketing on design and launch of new offerings in compliance with existing VSOE and fair value pools and without violating roadmap disclosure policies
· Work with divisional finance on modeling economics and P&L of large deals requiring executive approval
· Work collaboratively with a cross functional team to support M&A activities and subsequent integration efforts
· Review and document complex, multi-element sales contracts to support compliance with applicable authoritative literature
· Prepare and review periodic studies (including Fair Value, customer life, etc.)
· Design, manage and execute certain key controls
· Provide Senior Management with financial reporting information and operational support
· Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
Number of Years of Work Experience:
Knowledge of revenue recognition standards (ASC 605, 606, SOP 81-1, SAB 104, ASU 2009-13 & 14), Excel
Public accounting experience, ERP (Oracle), Salesforce.com
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.