At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Summary: This position is part of a Global IT Infrastructure services team reporting to the Sr. Director of Infrastructure Services. The Sr. Network Manager will manage a team of 10 engineers responsible for the development, implementation and support of a reliable, secure and scalable global network. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in managing a complex global data network and proven ability to ensure high levels of network availability. This is a hands-on position and will require the ability to lead a team in network design, execution and support. The ideal candidate will have the ability to handle multiple functions simultaneously and independently.
• Develop and deploy strategic network plans to meet current and future business requirements
• Provide technical expertise and problem resolution for escalated requests
• Support global routers, switches, WLAN’s, firewalls, and remote access
• Evaluate new and existing technologies to meet business requirements
• Manage vendors to ensure strategic, cost-effective, reliable partnerships
• Develop and implement innovative solutions and automation to optimize existing processes
• Design and execute plans to remediate network risks and outages
• Report on capacity and performance metrics
• Prepare appropriate documentation of policies, processes, and procedures
• Manage deployment of infrastructure network technologies consistent with corporate standards
• Maintain standard technical, support, and operational documentation
• Provide guidance and mentor less senior members of the network team including off shore IT operations staff
• Experience managing a geographically dispersed team
• Proven ability of stabilizing and maturing networks
Number of Years of Work Experience: 10+ with 5 years as a manager
• Expertise with Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and VPN concentrators
• Extensive experience with IP suite of protocols
• Experience with load balancing technologies (F5), enterprise management monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Nagios) and configuration management tools
• Excellent communication and customer service skills with a natural aptitude for dealing with people
• Excellent time management skills, must be capable of multi-tasking in a high workload environment
• Network Troubleshooting, & Problem Analysis
• Packet analysis and network performance tools knowledge
• Microsoft Visio and Microsoft SharePoint
• Practical knowledge of SOX and change management
• Understanding of ITIL model as it relates to asset and service management
• Cisco certifications are preferred
Education: BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf . If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.