At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Nuance Global IT team is focused on supporting the company and employees with technical solutions and expertise that help the business run more efficiently, ensure security and data privacy, and support new IT infrastructure initiatives that drive innovation. Our team is composed of problem solvers with constant curiosity and different perspectives who love to collaborate to transform and rethink IT.
Summary: The Principal Program Manager, Security is responsible for partnering with the corporate CISO to drive a large scale and complex Corporate Security Transformation program, with visibility and accountability to executive staff. This role will provide program leadership across IT and the four Business Units, driving program execution, metrics and reporting, as well as managing the program’s governance and overall security portfolio.
• Provide program management expertise to drive large scale and complex Corporate Security Transformation Program. This is a cross-divisional effort with visibility and accountability to CEO and Executive Staff
• In partnership with Security Leadership team, develop and drive tangible plans to drive strategy into an operational capability
• Collaborate with staff and executive management of multiple worldwide business units and outside 3rd parties to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their program involvement, program goals, expectations, tasks, and timelines
• Drive accountability at all levels of the organization to stay on task, within the program constraints of schedule, scope, and budget, ensuring alignment with overall objectives to increase security maturity with measurable results
• Own the program portfolio by integrating various project schedules, task assignments, and managing schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and managing dependencies both within Security program and across other related programs and portfolios
• Develop and manage resource strategy, including use of surge (3rd parties) where appropriate. Manage vendors to achieve a high level of performance through fact-based performance metrics
• Develop and maintain an effective communications plan to ensure frequent, accurate, and timely communication to all stakeholders and to solidify commitment to the Security Transformation Program
Metrics and Reporting
• In conjunction with CISO, develop and deliver effective metrics to inform business units and functional group leadership of not only the progress of the program, but the top security risks and overall health of their organizations
• Provide regular visibility to project status (key decisions, dependencies, issues, risks, metrics) on a standard cadence through status reporting and program / workstream reviews
• Provide oversight and audit accountability for all SOX and Compliance requirements across the project portfolio. Collaborate with internal audit to drive appropriate IT controls. Support project audits to ensure compliance and accuracy of the established controls
Governance and Portfolio Management
• Collaborate with senior executives to prioritize programs and projects based on company objectives in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment. Manage changing functional needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies
• Lead and improve the Program Governance framework. Includes facilitating and leading senior executive prioritization discussions and program and project steering committees
• Regularly interact with business unit leaders to develop project and program resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support for projects and for the day-to-day operational activities
• Exhibit leadership skills by advocating best practices, anticipating future problems and issues, driving accountability, and continuously improving processes and tools for the program
• Contribute to increasing strength, effectiveness, and improved efficiencies of overall PMO operations across the company. Contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and decisions within the extended PMO group
Number of Years of Work Experience:
• 8+ years large scale program management experience
• 5+ years Security program and project management experience
• Proven track record of delivering complex technology programs within established project constraints (on-time, on-budget, within scope, high quality)
• Proven ability to frame and structure problems, projects, and initiatives, and synthesize complex information from a multitude of resources into an achievable and actionable plan
• Proven hands on experience in companies with significant online business, multiple business units, many products/solutions, billion+ in annual revenue, and thousands of employees
• Ability to be an effective leader in a fast-paced pressure environment and an ability to be highly adaptive
• Demonstrated experience with strategic and operational planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources
• Significant experience defining governance/program and project management processes, methods, standards, and measuring and communicating adherence
• Executive level consultation and thought leadership. Demonstrated skills in fact-based analysis, presentation and interpersonal interaction
• Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Strong listening and presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, understand, and influence a wide range of audiences
• Ability to formulate and prepare cost benefit analyses of security initiatives in partnership with Security Leadership and context of overall business risk mitigation and company’s operational objectives
• Understanding of security and privacy regulations, as well as core information security functions is required
• Proven experience implementing tools and technologies, including associated business process change, data migration, and training/adoption activities
• General understanding and exposure to technical Infrastructure, including global corporate IT and R&D development environments and components (i.e. compute, storage, network, data centers, and cloud technologies)
• PMP Certification
• CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager) or other security certification/accreditation is desirable
• Demonstrated experience with security challenges and issues confronting a large, geographically distributed, departmentally diverse, global, public-facing organization
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in the field of computer science, business administration, information systems or related field, Advanced degree preferred
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.