At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Summary: As part of the release team, this individual will be working with an international team on the care and management of NCS and other Mobility products with a specific focus on follow-the-sun support and deployments into China. The team member will assist in planning and executing software updates, build and update automation processes, and ensure the service quality for all customers. This role will require occasional off-hours support during maintenance activities and service incidents.
This is an exciting time as we transition our services to the Public Cloud. Therefore, experience of operating in both private and public clouds (Azure, AWS) would be highly advantageous.
Key technologies include Linux, Docker, Kupernetes/Mesos, Bamboo, Puppet, and other tools. Experience in a modern scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby) strongly desired. Nuance uses many proprietary applications and an ability to learn and debug software in a collaborative environment is essential.
• Automate and deploy software updates to Mobility’s several products without customer impact
• Maintain and manage existing systems within both the public and private cloud with a target of 99.99% availability
• Collaborate with Engineering, QA, and hosting teams during and after service incidents to resolve problems quickly and build processes or improvements
• Design and maintain automation using Puppet, scripting languages, or container systems
• Respond quickly to security notifications to evaluate impact on Nuance customers and to release improvements as needed
Number of Years of Work Experience: 3 years’ industry experience
• Linux administration skills with an understanding of kernels, security fundamentals. Experience building Linux hosts in both the private and public cloud.
• Network fundamentals including TCP/IP, TLS, security fundamentals, NAT, firewalls, and VPNs
• Debugging and analytic skills; be able to systematically determine the root cause of a problem and resolve it quickly
• Working knowledge of containers, Docker and Kubernetes
• Scripting and automation skills including Puppet and at least one modern scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby)
• Hand on Public Cloud Experience (Azure, AWS, OpenStack, etc)
• Experience of working in virtual/global teams
• Self-motivated, highly proactive with a customer service philosophy and attitude
• Effective communication skills both verbal and written as well as presentation skills
• An independent thinker with the ability to make sound technical decisions using the information at hand
• Exposure to IT Service Management Tools (JIRA, Remedy, Service NOW or equivalent)
• The ability to produce metrics, KPIs and perform trend analysis
• Knowledge of Log Collection tools (Elastic Search, Splunk, ELK or equivalent)
• CI/CD experience (Bamboo, Jenkins, concourse)
• Experience working with code repositories (git, subversion or similar)
Education: BA/BS or equivalent experience