At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Nuance Global IT team is focused on supporting the company and employees with technical solutions and expertise that help the business run more efficiently, ensure security and data privacy, and support new IT infrastructure initiatives that drive innovation. Our team is composed of problem solvers with constant curiosity and different perspectives who love to collaborate to transform and rethink IT.
Summary: Reporting to the Sr. Director of IT Operations, this role is responsible for the effective and efficient operational support of Nuance Head Quarters, Regional Offices and Field End Users environments. The individual will have a diversified background of user support, workstation, regional infrastructure and real estate experience. This role requires close collaboration with our Divisional, HR & Facilities teams daily. Additionally, they will have proven project management skills, ability to manage a defined budget for Technology. This individual is also responsible for M&A Activities and Real Estate projects worldwide in over 90 offices and 23 different countries.
• Manage Operations and Support of all Nuance Regional sites, including remote and offshore teams.
• Enforce security standards with the help of Information Security according to internal policies. Provide Regulatory Compliance reports for your areas in scope.
• Monitor KPIs pertaining to required service levels in all Regions and ensure IT staff are performing according to set goals.
• Maintain up-to-date inventory of employees and contingent workers computer equipment, execute refresh plan against budget.
• Work closely with the Real Estate team on Expansion, Consolidation and Relocation projects in all regions and optimize resources utilization.
• Work closely with the IT Global Service Desk, Global Operations Center (NOC), Networking Teams on day-to-day support activities.
• Review and maintain support contracts for all End User software and hardware.
• Follow Industry Best Practices to reduce costs and increase operational efficiency.
• Coordinate changes to the Corp IT End User Services Environment, work closely with Security, Device Engineering Teams and CAB. Maintain Toolset required for all end User Support related activities.
• Provide support during incidents/escalations as needed.
• Maintain Professional Certifications required for this role (ITIL).
• Valid Passport for occasional travel to other Nuance sites or events (<5%).
Number of Years of Work Experience: 10+ with 5 years as a manager
• Experience in leading global teams across different time zones and geography:
North America, LATAM, India, APAC, EMEA. Need a good understanding of foreign regulations (i.e. China, India) and Remote Offices support in distant regions with minimal resources.
• Experience supporting Mergers and Acquisitions Program for all IT offerings (End Users, Network, Infrastructure).
• Experience with Real Estate Global Projects, especially providing CAPEX Budget, Forecasts & IT Estimators. Close collaboration required with Global Facilities team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills – comfortable working with all levels of the organization including Senior Executive team; able to work with virtual teams when required; able to get things done by influence.
• Experience within key areas of IT: Assets Management, KPI, Enterprise Knowledge of Desktop Applications & Technology Lifecycle Management.
• Manage & keep track of budget (CAPEX, OPEX).
• High level working knowledge of multiple complex software packages, hardware platforms, and network architectures.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high tech environment juggling multiple priorities while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to understand the business needs behind the requests and drive to results.
• Exceptional knowledge of PC & Mac desktop environments in the Enterprise.
• Strong Project & Program management skills
• Previous Knowledge of World Class Customer Service & Support centers.
• Ability to maintain positive attitude in high pressure situations and manage distributed teams with competing priorities with tight deadlines
• Acting as the IT escalation point of contact for Executives - ensure customers are highly satisfied with the service provided and that we are providing continuous improvement.
• Manage a global IT Logistic Team: drive Technology Lifecycle Management initiatives (HW/SW), evaluation of new technologies & relationship with Vendors.
• ITIL and other IT Professional Certifications.
Education: BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.