At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Summary: Position responsibilities include supporting commercial contracts and related data protection agreements, assist the Chief Privacy Officer in the enhancement of Nuance’s global privacy program, and to advise the company and internal clients on a range of privacy, data protection and security-related legal and compliance initiatives.
• Assist in the continued development and improvement of all aspects Nuance’s privacy compliance program (data transfers, processing, privacy policies, staff training, etc.)
• Provide guidance on compliance with global privacy and data security laws, regulations, industry standards, self-regulatory requirements, and best practices applicable to the industries Nuance serves
• Support members of the legal, business, and policy teams on privacy and security-related legal matters, including in areas related to commercial contracts, partnerships, integrations, and other matters
• Develop and deliver privacy and data security training and awareness programs
• Monitor and report on the ongoing initiatives of the privacy program, using appropriate tools
• Establish strong relationships with internal stakeholders from each business unit to monitor and report on progress, resolve issues, and refine control processes as necessary
• Assist the Chief Privacy Officer in the execution and continuous improvement Nuance’s Privacy Program, including policies and procedures as they relate to customers and partners
• Assist the Incident Response Team in the review and coordination of potential privacy or data security incidents, including investigations, notifications, and other resolution efforts
• Contributing to the preparation of clear, accurate and timely reports on privacy risks, metrics, and compliance activities for key stakeholders
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5+ with Juris Doctorate (JD)
• JD with minimum 5+ years of a combination including U.S. and international privacy program management experience including at a law firm and/or prior in-house experience with internet or technology companies
• Proven track record of project and process development, implementation and project management.
• Ability to work independently and experience prioritizing work and providing advice under deadlines.
• Expert-level writing, data analysis, report drafting and delivery skills
• International/multi-cultural experience, foreign language skills a plus
• Strong technical aptitude a plus
• Business judgment and client counseling experience.
• Experience advancing projects in a multi-stakeholder environment.
• Excellent communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and demonstrated experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast-paced environment.
• Self-starter with a high level of initiative and strong work ethic
Preferred Skills: IT company experience is beneficial