Be the voice of the customer and resolve customer support inquiries and issues with urgency and attention to service. The principal Customer Support Engineer will mentor others in the team and ensure that customer production support requests are triaged, researched, managed and handled appropriately and within SLAs and targets.
- Production (infrastructure) issue identification and resolution by applying known second-line fixes or escalating to subject matter experts
- •Staying up to date with product, application and infrastructure developments/changes
- •Ensuring that the service request ticketing queues are regularly checked for high or critical priority tickets that need escalating to on call teams. Working with team members to ensure appropriate ticket assignment.
- •Ticket queue case management, working tickets and mentoring others on ticket actions and response. Owning the full lifecycle and communications on a ticket and representing the customer’s need at all times.
- •Be professionally assertive and drive for next steps and action plans across all teams to ensure customer service requests are handled and resolved appropriately and service expectations are met.
- •Maintaining a professional composure and appropriate level of urgency with customer reported issues
- •Liaising with the 24x7 NOC and other Service Management teams to ensure Sev 1 and Sev 2 issues are handed off appropriately and smoothly
- •Addressing issues with processes, toolsets and operating risks. Escalating to leadership as appropriate. Ensuring sensitive customer inquiries receive internal leadership visibility.
- •Strategizing with Production Account Managers, Customer Success Managers and PS Account Managers for marquee account service requests.
- •Troubleshoot and resolve complex production / application issues through a high level of technical competence for Enterprise class customers.
- •Drive the team and advocate for our customers to get quick answers, work arounds and resolution in place quickly.
- •Engage in and continuously improve processes to speed up resolution and exceed customer expectations.
- •Continually raise the bar for your peers through technical mentoring and leading by example
- •Communicating effectively at all times, never losing sight of the details and the customer experience.
- •Seek out ways to automate manual tasks and provide additional services within the NOC and Customer Support team
Education: Degree in Computer Science, or Information Technology discipline with 8 years of progression in a technical role or, The equivalent of 12 or more years work experience in a highly technical customer support role with a strong demonstrated ability to leverage technical knowledge in a customer facing services organization.
Minimum years of work experience: 8+ more years work experience
- •Ability to add increasing leadership value to a high-performing team by being a self-starter who immerses themselves in the technology and Nuance culture.
- •Outstanding written & verbal communication
- •Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- •Exhibited business maturity and ability to convey technical information to non-technical audiences and vice versa (be the voice of the customer with technical teams)
- •Possesses sound judgment when handling sensitive and urgent issues
- •Ability to successfully work within a team and across departments with conflicting priorities
- •Thrive in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- •Demonstrated time management & multi-tasking skills while maintaining top quality attention to details and responsiveness
- •Familiarity with triage and escalation practices – go as far as it takes to resolve issues for the customer.
- •Strong UNIX/Linux, SQL, XML skills
- •Understanding of the SDLC
- •Basic Encryption technologies and security compliance familiarity within an enterprise environment (ex. PGP, MD5)
- •Basic networking and protocols (ex. FTP, SFTP, telnet, HTTP(S), SSH)
- •Basic programming concepts (ex. loops, variables)
- •Previous experience with reviewing system logs for errors
- •Experience with ticketing tools such as Remedy (BMC), JIRA
- •Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal formal training
- •Flexibility in hours of work, can work some overtime as required
- Exposure to IVR, Outbound and Digital Channels in an enterprise environment
- Previous experience in an enterprise class technical company that provides either Managed Services or Software as a Service solutions
- Exposure to MPLS
- Experience with VMWare/ VSphere, F5, Cisco Networking Equipment
- Knowledge in Azure – AWS Cloud processes
- Knowledge in ITIL