At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Nuance Global IT team is focused on supporting the company and employees with technical solutions and expertise that help the business run more efficiently, ensure security and data privacy, and support new IT infrastructure initiatives that drive innovation. Our team is composed of problem solvers with constant curiosity and different perspectives who love to collaborate to transform and rethink IT.
The IT Project Manager is responsible for working with business groups, IT Business Systems Analysts, and IT delivery teams to deliver successful projects. The role of project manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget
Support and lead the IT Governance framework. This includes facilitating working groups, Release Prioritization committees, and Project Steering Committee meetings with members of the Business and IT organizations, working under established guidelines for project and release selection and prioritization.
• Deliver successful IT projects using all phases of Nuance’s Project Lifecycle processes and methods on time and within budget.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents, including schedule, resources, risks, issues, budget proposals, and communications plans.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path. Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, and stakeholder presentations, including executive level communications.
• Build, develop, and grow any business and IT relationships vital to the success of the project, and continued growth within the organization.
• Own and drive communications through the Business and IT, including project related communications, Support escalations, and Release Management communications
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum years of work experience: 5-7
• Proven track record of delivering information technology projects using varied development approaches for internal and externally developed applications as well as packaged applications
• Significant knowledge of project management processes, methods, and standards.
• Excellent leadership and communications skills required.
• Experience managing a matrix team consisting of associates, contractors, and vendors with various skills and disciplines.
• Self-starter with high energy to meet the needs of a demanding business and IT environment.
• Skills include strong business acumen and strategic thinking to complement strong tactical execution skills
Proven experience managing projects for Business applications such as, but not limited to, Oracle, Salesforce, Apttio Contracts and Quoting, as well as Business Intelligence tools such as GoodData, Salesforce Analytics, OBIEE, PowerBI. Solid knowledge of general business process is also highly regarded.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.