At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
This role will report to the Director, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting, with constant exposure to executive management. You will be a great fit if you are a self-starter, a team player, and someone who thrives on a fast-pace, constantly changing environment.
Principal duties and responsibilities
• Manage quarterly and annual process for filing the Forms 10-Q and 10-K adhering to strict timelines, including drafting and filing financial statements and footnote disclosures, preparing the support binder, and coordinating review by management, legal counsel, and external auditors.
• Prepare review and file other periodic SEC documents, including, but not limited to Forms 8-K, and DEF 14A.
• Maintain external reporting calendar including scheduling and coordination of independent auditors.
• Manage communications with external auditors on financial reporting, control environment, and key accounting decisions. • Assist with the research of technical accounting and reporting issues, including evaluating the impact of new accounting guidance on the Company’s financial statements, as required.
• Assist with the ongoing compliance of Sarbanes-Oxley. Identify process improvements and assist in the implementation of related processes, policies and procedures to enhance the control environment.
• Assist with the accounting and reporting for equity based compensation accounting and equity and earnings per share disclosures.
• Assist with the purchase accounting of business acquisitions, review the opening balance sheets and the valuation of the assets acquired and liabilities assumed, making sure the purchase accounting is in compliance with ASC 805.
• Assist with the purchase accounting for acquisitions and subsequent annual and interim goodwill/long-lived assets impairment analysis.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
Minimum years of work experience: 5 years of related experience, with prior experience with a Big 4 accounting firm highly preferred.
Required skills: Stock-based compensation (especially with Equity Edge), XBRL, Workiva
Preferred skills: Oracle, Hyperion, Purchase Accounting, goodwill impairment
Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in accounting or related discipline.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.