At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Revenue Accounting team at Nuance is where the technology and solutions sold and delivered mentioned above get converted into financial and accounting terms. With 4 Business Units and 15 Lines of Business to understand and account for, the Revenue Team provides its team members with the unique ability to gain exposure to the accounting for almost any type of software technology solution sale. If you have a strong level of intellectual curiosity, take pride in being part of a high caliber team, and are ready to bring your skills and experience to the next level, this position may be for you!
We are seeking a Revenue Accountant for our Global Revenue Operations (GRO) team to be responsible for supporting the monthly and quarterly accounting close cycles associated with complex revenue arrangements. This position will be responsible for providing support to the Business Unit operations and finance teams on their forecasted and actual revenues. Position will be responsible for preparing reconciliations and related analysis of all accounts (revenue, def revenue, costs, deferred costs, etc.) on a monthly basis as well as assisting with defining and creating operating procedures and participating in business process improvement initiatives.
The qualified candidate will report to the Revenue Operations Manager, Global Revenue Operations, and will work closely with other members of the GRO team as well as other groups, such as Sales and Operations managers, Divisional Finance, Technical Revenue Accounting, and Order-To-Cash.
Perform monthly and quarterly activities in support of the financial close process including importing and exporting data, analyzing and explaining variances from expectations, and reconciling associated general ledger accounts.
• Assist internal customers to resolve issues/questions on orders and activities related to accounts.
• Lead efforts to continuously drive cross-functional improvements associated with processes related to accounts owned by the revenue group. Research and resolve reconciliation issues and discrepancies; take corrective measures to mitigate while enhancing procedures to prevent recurrence.
• Support system conversions and integrations of acquired companies.
• Work with Order Management to ensure proper set up of orders and work with Finance to discuss results of order activities.
• Prepare and input general ledger entries.
• Support external audit activities and audit preparation.
• Execute and maintain supporting documentation for Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls.
• Provide management with financial reporting information and operational support.
Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting
• MBA, CPA, and SOX experience is a plus
Minimum years of work experience: 3+ years of experience in public accounting or corporate accounting within a publicly traded company
• Intellectual curiosity and creativity
• Demonstrated success driving measurable improvements to process and systems
• Broad knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
• Solid organizational skills with the capacity to prioritize and multi-task
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Excellent analytical skills, goal/deadline orientated
• Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi task and prioritize
• Ability to work extended hours, particularly in the weeks before and after a quarter close
• ERP System experience including Oracle systems is a plus. Project Accounting Experience is also a plus.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.