At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Nuance Global IT team is focused on supporting the company and employees with technical solutions and expertise that help the business run more efficiently, ensure security and data privacy, and support new IT infrastructure initiatives that drive innovation. Our team is composed of problem solvers with constant curiosity and different perspectives who love to collaborate to transform and rethink IT.
As a Principal HRIS Analyst you must have a strong customer service orientation and continuous improvement mindset, have good judgement, be process oriented, analytical, work well in teams, project manage as required and be capable of handling multiple priorities concurrently in a fast-paced environment. You will work with key users from different business groups to understand current business processes and business requirements, identifying areas that have opportunity to be improved and/or streamlined, and designing solutions that meet the business need and are in line with industry best practices.
• Serve as a key business systems analyst team member for HRIS on the implementation of business systems, processes and activities throughout the HR functional domain.
• Duties include gathering business requirements, creating design documents, performing system configurations, building system integrations, performing QA tests, documenting test scenarios, training users and facilitate testing cycles with the user base.
• Collaborate with HR and other cross functional teams to assist in defining roadmaps, analyze business benefits and/or operational efficiencies, map business processes, implement creative and effective solutions. Ensure processes, systems, and functionality meet the business and end-user needs.
• Work as a lead analyst in implementing new functionality and provide support to HR functional areas of Core HR, Benefits and Payroll in Oracle EBS and Ceridian Dayforce systems.
• Implement system integrations across HCM systems and other systems, internal as well as external.
• Work within a broad range of analyst roles and responsibilities on various projects. Lead systems and process improvements, and enhancements.
• Deliver measurable results to maximize business efficiencies in HR Information Systems and end-user communities.
• Work on various HR systems such as Oracle, Ceridian Dayforce, Success Factors, iCims, Kenexa.
Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure.
Education: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of work experience: 8 years
• 8-10 years HRIS experience of increasing responsibilities and scope.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Strong functional knowledge of HRIS applications, theory and practice lifecycle.
• Understand the fundamentals, processes and terminology of corporate HR, Payroll and Benefits environments.
• Experience performing business analysis for HCM applications such as Oracle EBS HRMS, PeopleSoft, Ceridian Dayforce, Workday with solid knowledge of HR functionality and workflows.
• Experience in Oracle EBS (HRMS/OAB/PAY/OTL) is required. Ceridian Dayforce is preferred.
• Experience managing small scale projects utilizing project management skills and methodologies.
• Ability to create reports using tools such as SQL, MS Access, MS Excel is a plus.
• Critical attention to detail and ability to maintain detailed project documentation
• Ability to work independently or in a team
• Strong problem solving skills to determine root causes of technical problems with the ability to document effectively, and escalate appropriately.
• Demonstrated ability to answer technical questions for non-technical users
• Ability to partner effectively with cross-functional teams and influence without authority to promote alignment and gain consensus.
• Ability to anticipate challenges and issues and minimize disruption or impact by proactively implementing effective enterprise solutions.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of explaining procedures clearly and writing technical and end-user documentation.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.