At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Tax, the Senior Tax Specialist will be responsible for assisting with the Company’s tax compliance requirements and the accounting close.
• Prepare and review various aspects of the Federal & State income tax returns for Nuance Communications, Inc. and subsidiaries.
• Responsible for assigned parts of the quarterly and annual tax provision using the OneSource tax provision software.
• Provide coordination and oversight of the tax integration of new acquisitions.
• Research and respond to tax notices from various U.S. governmental authorities.
• Provide research and analysis of various planning projects.
• Take the lead on various state income tax audits and work with the team on federal tax audits.
Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
CPA or candidate for CPA and Masters in Taxation (or MST candidate) helpful but not required
Minimum years of work experience: 3-5
•Strong MS Office skills
•OneSource Income Tax Software experience
•Oracle skills preferred but not required
•Experience with Hyperion Financial Manager preferred but not required
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.