At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
iScribes, now a part of Nuance, is a technology-enabled service which provides physicians with an effortless clinical documentation solution, freeing them to spend more time with patients and less time with computers. Our solution changes the lives of doctors and patients, and our close-knit team is dedicated to a mission of making healthcare functional and efficient. In order to achieve this mission, we hire and train hundreds of employees on new and challenging job skills. Training new hires of varied backgrounds to be competent, professional scribes is the engine that drives our growth.
As the Learning & Development Manager, you will lead a team who will develop and deliver innovative training solutions to serve our employees and customers.
We are looking for:
• A game changer who creates immediate impact to our business through powerful, interactive e-learning modules they create, develop and bring to fruition.
• An innovative architect who wakes up thinking about creating sophisticated, groundbreaking virtual learning opportunities and who always has the end-user experience in mind.
• A seasoned e-learning expert whose charisma and credibility allows them to effortlessly build influential relationships at the highest levels.
• A continuous learner who never stops Googling, reading and keeping up on the industry’s latest digital and e-learning trends for mobile apps and web-based platforms.
• Work closely with the iScribes executive and operations teams to define the Learning & Development department strategy and objectives.
• Lead and manage a passionate and engaged Learning & Development team, and grow the team as needed to achieve business objectives.
• Utilize instructional design methodology to evaluate and re-design the current training program to maximize learner success.
• Personally develop new learning content, and also guide and supervise content development by team members.
• Lead the design and implementation of new training content to support business expansion into new medical specialties.
• Oversee the administration of training through a Learning Management System, and design workflows and reporting for effective management.
• Collaborate with the recruiting and operations teams to ensure that operational needs are met with 500+ successfully trained new hires per year.
• As needed, lead and support cross-functional business initiatives and programs, which may include special ad hoc training materials, audit and completion reports and other special projects.
Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure.
Education: BA/BS degree or equivalent.
Minimum years of work experience: 5+ years of experience developing and delivering job skills training utilizing e-learning content.
• Hands on experience developing interactive training content in Adobe Captivate, Articulate 360, or similar applications.
• Ability to share a portfolio of online course materials that you have developed.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and implement innovative solutions to complex business challenges.
• Demonstrated success as the manager of a team or department.
• Demonstrated ability to lead others and lead change.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
• Demonstrated success in establishing and meeting goals.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Advanced degree or coursework related to adult learning or instructional technology.
• Familiarity with healthcare, including medical terminology.
• Proficiency administering online courses through Absorb, or similar Learning Management Systems.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.