At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Imaging team…greater document flexibility for more personal productivity. We are passionate about designing and building secure technology that empowers companies to gain control of their document management processes and ensure their proprietary and customer information is protected.
As the Regional Sales Director, Central, you will be responsible for maximizing the sales of Nuance imaging products, delivering on the objectives for revenue, bookings and expenses for your region. You will be responsible for cultivating and leading a team of Regional Sales Managers (RSM’s) that cover our Nuance Document Imaging portfolio of enterprise software solutions. As the Regional Sales Director you will oversee the day to day sales activities of the sales team while helping to define regional go to market strategy and executing on resultant programs. The Regional Sales Director will establish and maintain prominent level relationships with our partners and develop deep customer relationships through systematic interaction directly with customers and prospects.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed annual, quarterly, and monthly sales objectives (revenue, bookings, expenses) for the regional sales team in concert with the division’s business plan. KPIs to include: % of plan attainment, T&E utilization, and rep productivity.
- Build and manage a sufficient opportunity pipeline to meet bookings commitments, as measured by gross pipeline, QoQ growth, average selling price, and sales cycle length.
- Accurately forecast ending quarter sales with 5% from Day 1 of quarter, both transactional and managed, and set RSM performance goals accordingly.
- Review and evaluate RSM performance versus plan at appropriate frequency (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Manage the engagement of appropriate and timely internal and external (partner) resources such as Professional Services, Technical Consultants, Finance, and Support.
- Develop a skilled and tenured sales team through hands-on performance management, leadership, mentoring, recruiting, and coaching
- Create and implement a regional sales plan in conjunction with sales leadership
- Enhance partner productivity and engagement, as measured by number, frequency and average deal size of channel transactions
- Drive engagements with end customers directly and through partners at a CXO level, as well as with Line of Business Leaders
- Prepare and deliver reviews to the Nuance Sales Leadership team
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher
Minimum years of work experience: 5+ years sales management experience at a Director level
- Proven track record of exceeding annual targets
- Track record managing sales teams in complex account management, sales planning and exceeding quota
- Analytical skills for pipeline management and forecasting
- Demonstrated ability to engage with key channel partners
- Experience building sales teams through recruiting, coaching, and performance management.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
- Experience selling software solutions directly to end users and through resellers and systems integrators
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Ability to travel at least 75%
- Strong sales & technical ability to demonstrate and white board complex solutions with customers and partners
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience selling enterprise print management, capture solutions, ECM and/or BPM
- Worked in in similar role for companies like Kofax, Perceptive, Opentext/Captiva, Psigen, and Hyland
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.