At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Summary: Work with Nuance partners to ensure their success designing, developing, testing and refining voice user interfaces. This involves collaborating on requirements and design goals, helping them through the development process, both hands on and as a consultant, and helping them through the pilot phases to ensure that their voice user interface goals are met.
● Be a key contributor to the design of voice assistants for use cases in EMRs (electronic Medical Records) in collaboration with the client
● Ensure the design vision is being met, communicated, and adjusted where necessary throughout all phases of the product lifecycle: requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, analysis of user data, rinse, repeat.
● Collaborate closely in a cross-functional team that include engineers, researchers, marketing, and product managers.
● Create & maintain effective & highly detailed design documentation including logical user flows, dialogs, functional logic, and prompts for our core product.
● Ensure that design changes and new features are continually documented and communicated.
● Create proposals to the core team on better and improved process maintenance/automation possibilities
● Facilitate collaborative meetings and deliverable reviews.
● Participate in analysis of user data across voice assistant solutions.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5
● A track record of applying common user-centered design practices and tools to solve tough design problems.
● Demonstrated ability to create high-quality user experience documentation, including wireframes and interaction specifications.
● Experience designing for complex workflows.
● Experience in Agile Scrum
● Prototyping experience a big plus.
● Experience in US English voice/dialog design.
● Familiarity with current development technologies
● Excellent verbal skills
● Familiarity with version control systems such as Git
• Experience with iOS, or Android mobile development
• Experience with Windows development
• Experience with Google, Amazon or Microsoft NLU solutions.
Education: Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience in interaction design, information architecture, cognitive sciences, product interface design, experimental psychology, or related field
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.