At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Summary: Computer scientist in the Healthcare Research organization working on state of the art, scalable, and self-learning systems for Clinical Language Understanding solutions. Major duty is to help develop machine learning systems using in-production (feedback) data, as well as develop tools to help other team members do similar research.
• The research will focus on creating state of the art, scalable, and self-learning systems for Clinical Language Understanding solutions
• This includes designing, training and tuning a variety of deep neural network machine learning models.
• There will be a need to create models from varying levels of data quality and quantity, so ability to creatively apply domain knowledge will be important, and also using both supervised, semi-supervised and unsupervised techniques.
• It will be essential to perform data and error analysis in order to improve models and understand their shortcomings.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 2+
• Minimum of 4 years experience (including graduate school) training machine learning models, running experiments, and doing error analysis
• Proven experience with Machine Learning algorithms, including Deep Neural Networks, supervised and semi-supervised methods, with strong knowledge of the mathematical underpinnings behind these models.
• Experience with running experiments on large datasets.
• Experience with Natural Language Processing methods.
• Experience with open-source machine learning toolkits such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras, etc.
• Software development experience in Python or similar language.
• Bash/Unix scripting skills
• Experience in medical text analytics and/or clinical information retrieval is a definite PLUS
• Programming experience in Java is a plus
Education: Ph.D. (or M.S. with research and development experience) in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.