At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
This Sales Engineer Subject Matter Expert (SE SME) is a pre-sales technical resource who is dedicated to our Digital Engagement solution portfolio, which includes Virtual Assistants and Live Agent solutions. The SE-SME has deep technical skills in these areas, and works in support of the more generalist Account Sales Engineers and Account Executives to translate customer requirements into technical solution designs and implementation proposals in support of the sales process.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Support Account Executives and Account Sales Engineers in the technical discovery process to identify customer pain points, existing technology environment and relevant integration points, technical risks and challenges, and detailed solution requirements
- Develop initial pricing components, and ROI/Business Case assist where needed on HSO, RFP's, Proposals and SOW's.
- Gather and document requirements: Technical, Security, Compliance, and Audit
- Demonstrate the proposed solution, including ability to create customer demo's
- Understands our competitors product offerings, tools and technical features.
- Lead technical workshops and deep dive meetings with prospects on topics such as solution architecture, integration requirements, audio acquisition, security, performance, and the technical capabilities, components, and benefits of their product or solution area.
- Perform solution sizing for hardware/software elements of the solution.
- Support customer technical evaluations/POCs of Nuance solutions, including requesting additional resources from PS or Product as needed via the deal support request process
- Maintain a close partnership with their relevant product and PS resources in order to communicate updates and changes in products and process to larger sales engineering community.
- Maintain a deep and ongoing understanding of our technology, including the user interface, integration methods, business rules, and limitations of the technology.
- Be a customer advocate towards our deeper technical organizations (PS, Engineering, Product) ensuring product roadmaps accurately reflect customer needs and market directions
- Become a trusted advisor to engineering, product, and other technical teams within prospects pre-sale
- Be a source for general industry/domain knowledge in their space for field Account SE team, including technical details of competitive offerings and emerging technology trends and standards
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education: MS or BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related Technical Degree
Minimum years of work experience: 8-10
•Significant experience in architecting or implementing technology and solutions for digital engagement channels, especially chat (virtual and live) via web, mobile, and social media, and messaging.
•Presales customer facing experience in a software or system integrator company,
•Familiarity with the Sales Engineering process in a software company,
•Comfortable in making presentations and speaking to an audience,
•Native/near Native English written and spoken communication skills,
•Willingness to travel frequently.
Experience with any of the following are a plus:
- Spoken language systems
- Contact Center and Agent Desktop technologies
- Conversational User Interface Design
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.