At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The Sr. Site Reliability Engineer will be working with a talented group of cross-functional individuals to plan, design and build various tools, systems and infrastructure that optimizes and secures our cloud environments and the SDLC
Minimum years of work experience: 5+ years
* Experience working as a Site Reliability Engineer - Security Engineer will be operating a highly scalable and distributed platform.
* Experience with operating products in the Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) with a focus on IAM, vulnerability management, threat modeling and networking.
* Experience working with cloud security standards such as CIS, OWASP, BSIMM, NIST, HiTrust etc.
* Good experience working on application security (Static scans, dynamic analysis scans)
* Experience with TCP/IP networking and debugging.
* Work in a Linux and Windows environment.
* Scripting language like Python, Perl, PowerShell etc.
* Experience using source control systems such as Perforce and GIT.
* Experience using configuration management systems like Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Salt etc.
* Experience working in an Agile environment.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
* Use process and best practices to ensure the our platform is always operating with highest level of security measures.
* Proactively identify hurdles to security posture and implement self-healing and resiliency initiatives.
* Build and maintain tools that will help with day to day activities and orchestration of our cloud environments.
* Work to automate detection and resolution of recurring issues in the production environment.
* Communicate with software engineers, QA engineers, product management and operations staff on a daily basis for sharing ideas, status on ongoing work and prioritizing future work.
* Implement Infrastructure as a service and Infrastructure as code practices wherever applicable.
cStay up-to-date on relevant technologies internally as well as externally, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
* Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education: Bachelors Degree
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Experience with the Atlassian Tools such as JIRA/Confluence.
* Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams (Engineering, QA, release management, network operations, product management, professional services, etc.).
* Strong organizational and leadership skills, and the ability to drive the day-to-day activities of internal resources.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technologies.
* Strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
* Ability to build, use and configure metrics collection, reporting and alerting systems.
* Experience developing, deploying and integrating monitoring solutions.
* Experience with immutable infrastructure.
* Experience with containerization, Docker, Kubernetes, MesOS.
* Experience with continuous integration systems like Jenkins.
* Strong understanding of cloud concepts and Infrastructure as Code.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.