At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
As a Development Operations Engineer, the candidate will be working with a talented group of individuals to plan, build and design tools, systems and infrastructure for continuous integration, testing, monitoring, elasticity and delivering major products and solutions in our healthcare division.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
As a Development Operations Engineer you will:
* Use process and best practices to ensure the successful planning and delivery of products, projects, and releases.
* Plan, coordinate, and manage software releases and their deployment.
* Proactively identify hurdles in the release process, drive release process/SDLC changes and enforce processes with various stakeholders.
* Build tools that can help automate building, testing, deploying, monitoring and managing software releases.
* Build and maintain Test and Production infrastructure based on understanding of Nuance’s systems and software.
* Communicate with software engineers, QA engineers, program management and operations staff on schedules and priorities to ensure projects are on track.
* Create self-service capabilities for developers to write and manage product code.
* Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
* Implement Infrastructure as a service and Infrastructure as code practices wherever applicable.
* Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies internally as well as externally, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools.
* Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum years of work experience: 2 years
* 2+ years experience working with cross functional teams as an active participant in an SDLC.
* 2+ year experience with operating products in the Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
* 2+ years experience with TCP/IP networking and debugging.
* 2+ years experience working in a Linux and Windows environment.
* 2+ years experience with scripting language like Python, Perl, PowerShell etc.
* 2+ years experience with SQL or equivalent language.
* 2+ years experience using source control systems such as Perforce and GIT.
* 2+ years experience using continuous integration systems like Jenkins, VSTS etc.
* 2+ years experience with configuration management systems like Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Salt etc.
* 2+ years experience working in an Agile environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Experience with the Atlassian Tools such as JIRA/Confluence.
* Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams (Engineering, QA, release management, network operations, product management, professional services, etc.).
* Strong organizational and leadership skills, and the ability to drive the day-to-day activities of internal resources.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technologies.
* Must be action oriented, capable of multitasking well based on priorities.
* Strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Knowledge of Internet technologies (DNS, HTTP, streaming, web servers, etc.) a strong plus.
* Experience with UI automation frameworks such as Selenium is a plus
* Experience using Public Cloud, ARM Templating, VSTS etc.
* Ability to build, use and configure metrics collection, reporting and alerting systems.
* Experience developing, deploying and integrating monitoring solutions.
* Experience with immutable infrastructure.
* Experience with containerization, Docker, Kubernetes, MesOS.
* Strong understanding of cloud concepts and Infrastructure as Code.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.