At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Senior Communications Manger will report to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Marketing + Communications, this role will partner closely with the other marketing, communications and executive leaders, including the SVP Marketing of the Healthcare division and peers within the Communications team.
The role will have both external and internal responsibilities, including delivering communications programs for media and analysts as well as communications counsel and support to senior management. The candidate will play an important role in developing and executing the division’s communications and public relations strategy; creating a full complement of related materials; ensuring consistency and differentiation in our message; and, building and maintaining key relationships with media and analysts, including getting them excited and engaged about our business.
The candidate will have a track record of success and desire to stay in a highly visible communications position while playing a critical role in driving the company’s overall positioning, relationships and visibility.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Participate as an important contributor within Nuance’s Corporate Marketing and Healthcare Marketing teams to design and implement a contemporary PR/communications program for Nuance’s Healthcare business.
• Work closely with the key Nuance and divisional stakeholders to drive important strategic thinking and take a leadership role in crafting and telling our story.
• Drive an aggressive media and analyst program to drive maximum visibility for Nuance and its healthcare offerings.
• Oversee communication planning, strategy, execution and evaluation using KPIs and tools for media releases, public relations, messaging, events and supporting materials.
• Lead and manage the Nuance Healthcare communications PR agency, resources and budget.
• Align tone and strategy of communications activity with our vision and business objectives, working closely with management and functions to shape messages.
• Bring new perspectives to other communications projects such as M&A, corporate events, investor relations, employee communications and interactive media.
• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Education: Bachelor’s degree or greater, with preferred focus on marketing, communications or business
Minimum years of work experience: Seven to ten years of experience in communications/public relations, with deep experience in healthcare-related companies or markets preferred
• Proven media relations skills across business, consumer and trade media
• Demonstrated expertise in driving positioning and brand awareness
• Strong communicator, oral and written, with confidence to develop and present ideas.
• A self-starter who can work autonomously, while also being an energetic, efficient, and resourceful team player.
• High degree of creativity, flexibility, energy and enthusiasm
• Adept at managing multiple projects and deadlines
• Excellent planning, organizational and project management skills
• Demonstrated experience developing communications strategy and tactics, and making recommendations as it relates to new situations
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.