At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The CAS group is responsible for Nuance’s applications that use clinical language understanding to help medical facilities optimize their operations. We implement customer interfaces and product workflows, architect Azure deployments, integrate technology from other R&D teams, and support the products in deployment.
As a Sr. Java Application Developer in the CAS group, you will work with a team of developers, QA and documentation staff to develop and maintain our Healthcare Applications. You will be a self-starter and work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules.
Principal duties and responsibilities -
Education: Master’s in computer science or related discipline.
Minimum years of work experience: 5 years
- 5+ years of experience developing commercial Java Web Applications.
- SQL, Java, Spring, Spring Security, Hibernate and Database Management.
- Test-driven-development including Junit, Spock Framework, Functional Testing, and Mockito.
- Secure development including code reviews, static and dynamic scanning, and code remediation practices in the context of production web applications.
- Understanding of how to protect sensitive data.
- Experience designing, developing, and testing REST APIs.
- Object-oriented design.
- UI design.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- The React framework.
- Understanding of HIPAA compliance and requirements for securing patient health information.
- Experience implementing web socket services and integrating WSS into a client-side web application.
- Knowledge of hospital healthcare operations and standards such as ICD10, HL7, and FHIR.
- Azure cloud development.
- Cloud technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- Multithreaded application development and debugging.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.