At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The Principal Site Reliability Engineer/ Architect will work in Nuance's Healthcare division and drive the automation and deployment of SaaS products to the cloud. We are looking for an individual with a passion for both development and infrastructure expertise, who dreams of programmatically controlling the full stack needed to run high quality SaaS products. Will be part of a dynamic team, collaborating with our R&D organization to build out a release pipeline for their products and services. Will be participating by helping to ensure and architect the infrastructure portion of the service stack has an SDLC and automating the processes and environments force quality and correctness into the dev/test cycles prioritizing service Availability, Performance, Capacity, Security and Compliance.
The successful candidate will be recognized as a powerful voice in the SRE/infrastructure-as-code domain, able to articulate deep and broad knowledge in a SaaS environment. You will take complete ownership of issues and of the success of your customers and peers in the build and support of this internal PaaS offering.
• Demonstrate unusually high levels of ownership, accountability and follow-through.
• Drive architectural evaluations including requirements gathering and POCs for technology within the platform space such as caching layers, application servers, data repositories and more.
• Participate in and strongly contribute to architectural reviews and discussions of test/release process. Provide unwavering support & collaboration for the software/qa engineers on SaaS projects.
• Ensure that new and existing products sport automated deployment, and remote execution-based remediation scripts which can be handed off to 24x7 NOC organizations.
• Participate in the testing of functionality, operability, deployment, and performance for application or infrastructure changes.
• Evangelize SDLC processes for infrastructure change.
• Participate in tool authoring, integration and extension via REST or SOAP.
• Drive, define and deploy system monitoring with thresholds and actionable alerts.
• Mentor junior engineers and those to whom SDLC over Infrastructure is still unknown
• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 8+
•Ability to author documentation and run lists.
•Linux and Windows administration and/or expert knowledge.
•Experience in a SaaS environment
•Strong opinions on monitoring and management for the full stack.
•Strong deductive and analytic capabilities which demonstrably lead to fast resolution and subsequent proactive action.
•Knowledge of basic tcp/ip networking and DNS
•An infrastructure expertise: network, database, operating systems or storage.
•Experience with Agile, Scrum concepts.
•Public cloud experience - Ability to explain and evangelize cloud computing best practices.
•Configuration Mgmt or Orchestration with Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet or Chef.
•Experience with software build and release engineering.
•Speak and write unusually well. You understand that the quality of your communication is a top priority.
•Proactive, Proactive, Proactive.
•Automation skills: Perl, Python, Ruby or OO Perl
•NSG and ASG
•Azure or GCP
•Azure SQL or Cosmos DB
Education: BS in computer science or related discipline
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.