At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The Scrum Master will take on a team leadership role to help with administrative tasks and to coach teams on Agile principles and practices. The main responsibilities will include: helping the teams plan, develop and release new software in clearly defined sprints and facilitate between team product owners to help lead them through the SAFe program increment planning and execution process.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
* Coaching team members on Agile software development
* Fostering the team´s self-organization
* Helping to write or split user stories
* Helping the team to collaborate between team members
* Helping the team to get rid of impediments
* Helping the team to continuously improve their process
* Facilitate meetings for the team (preparation, moderation, postprocessing)
* Assessing the Agile maturity and velocity of the team
* Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem-solving.
* Protect the team from interruptions and distractions.
* Facilitate Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
* Running daily scrum / Stand-up
* Be proficient in using Agile tools (Jira) to manage active sprints and backlog
* Assist the product owners with keeping the backlog groomed.
* Maintain relevant sprint team metrics that help the team see how they are doing.
* Ensure quality standards and a high level of professionalism is maintained.
* Proactive in the promotion of continuous improvement and Agile maturity uplift
* Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Desirable experience related to Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and/or DevOps
Desirable use of scalable agile frameworks such as SAFe or LeSS
Experience using JIRA and Confluence
Strong stake holder management, negotiating, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
Background in software development or experience working within software development
Knowledge, skills and qualifications –
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math or related field.
Minimum years of work experience: 8
* Contemporary Agile (Scrum/Kanban) Methodology experience
* Experience in conducting various Agile ceremonies - Daily Scrum meetings, Sprint Planning, Sprint retrospectives & Sprint Reviews/Demos
* Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
* Demonstrable experience in managing a development team in an Agile environment
* Extensive agile experience, preferably using Scrum to deliver applications
* Experience in managing change effectively
* Ability to guide a team to deliver ongoing features and improvements
* Strong, multi-level stakeholder and relationship management skills
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.