Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Sr. Site Reliability team keeps the Dragon Medical One cloud and our customers protected. The team uses innovation by continually improving, developing or expanding feature enhancements that enable early detection, automated probable root cause identification, and rapid resolution. We partner to help Product Teams build systems that are resilient, as well as providing the support, engagement, and contribution to identifying and solving resiliency gaps to ensure that service availability remains optimal.
**Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Federal Government Security Secret Clearance / possess an active Public Trust II or higher security clearance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Keep the customer facing services available at top performance by maintaining the constant health of the supporting systems.
* Incident Management - Technical support role during major incidents
* Ability to operate in the high-pressure environment and troubleshoot complex issues quickly, while successfully handling multiple priorities.
* Enhance our monitoring systems by developing new software systems to promote early detection, full stack and cross platform correlation, and automated probable root cause identification
* Automate Site Reliability Engineering operations by developing software applications and API Integrations to connect disparate systems
* Participate in the technical review of incidents, partnering with R&D teams
* Develop debugging tools to assist engineers in diagnosing production service problems
* Participate in on-call rotation
* Apply software development workflows to operational environments
* Partnering with application teams on new services/features and capacity planning per business needs.
* Develop stakeholder relationships, working with teams across the business to ensure upstream and downstream processes exist to support meeting SLAs and OLAs.
* Own end-to-end availability and performance of key services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
* Lead by example, mentor the team and establish credibility through quality technical execution.
* Foster a culture that leverages metrics to make informed decisions and guide change.
* Experience in support of distributed systems with Linux & Windows knowledge.
* Experience in a role with hands on complex Technical Problem Solving as a daily duty
* Self Motivated
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Excellent Communication Skills
* Be curious and ask questions
BS in computer science or related discipline
* Minimum 5+ years hands-on DevOps experience
* At least 3 years of experience managing teams
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.