Postition can be located remotely anywhere in the US
The position reports to the Director of Security Sales Engineering, Enterprise Worldwide and works directly with the Nuance sales teams.
The Data Security and Privacy Consultant’s main role is to be responsible for understanding and representing Nuance’s environment related to data privacy and security within the Enterprise division – respond to, interact and provide support and documentation to relevant customer discussions, RFPs, ISQs, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have the ability to learn about Nuance enterprise products and the security functions within those products.
- Engage the customer in active discussion related to the security aspects of Nuance Enterprise division solutions both through active (direct) and passive (indirect – supporting others) means for continued deal progression
- Good understanding of Nuance’s information security plans and policies related to Nuance Enterprise solutions, including how we respond to and recover from outages, potential security breaches, etc at the Corporate and Enterprise levels.
- Awareness/enablement of key Sales Support resources on Nuance’s information security standards, policies and best practices to enable individuals to respond to customers independently
- Contribute to organizational process improvement in the sales cycle as it relates to security and privacy, including processes related to developing use cases and knowledge management
- Support and lead RFP, RFI, ISQ process related to security and privacy.
- Collaborate with peers and Global Security on appropriate customer-facing conversations and documentation; maintaining document knowledge base to Sales Engineering Team
- Single Nuance Customer Experience (CX) passion, client-service mindset, hold line-of-sight business unit accountability
- Fully accountable and drives culture of accountability, leads with influence
- Ability to inspire CX, collaborate with, influence, large distributed teams with diverse skills
- Collaborative and highly communicative, including with external parties
- Provider of honest feedback, and employs rigorous talent development practices – including intentional mentoring/knowledge share to others (Sales Engineers and Solution Consultants, etc.)
- Support and lead customer-facing contract reviews and negotiations
- Communication of security posture and architecture to customers, as requested
- Communication of identified issues and risks, resulting from client-facing assessments or activities, to upper management for response and/or resolution
- Review audit results with the division providing observations, recommendations and conclusions relative to new/existing customer needs
- Deep understanding of Privacy and its implications for Nuance and it’s customers within Enterprise. Able to provide appropriate advice and practical support for current and emerging Privacy requirements
- Adhere to/meet timelines for all RFP, RFI, ISQ needs with content that will progress opportunity for Nuance
- Technical expertise – this role is the SME for all Nuance Enterprise division solutions related to security
- Drive security, recovery objectives, technical discussions as needed during sales process
- Document all discussions and decisions during customer calls
- Customer-focused mindset with focus on key enterprise initiatives and trends
- Deliver high quality work while meeting aggressive deadlines
- Metrics driven – understand key metrics; seeking opportunities for improvement
- Ability to motivate and influence others to achieve greater outcomes
- Clear, on-time NPI process that allows for content rich customer engagement
- Continuously update the skills and knowledge to keep up with the changing market landscape and customer needs
- ensuring the delivery of high quality, authoritative, practical, consistent and responsive consulting services on all aspects of enterprise information security risks related to active deals
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
Education: Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
Minimum years of work experience: Preferably 5+ years
- Previous experience working in a consultative pre-sales/sales role or Big-4
- CISSP, CISA or CISM, additional GIAC certifications a plus
- Ability to effectively interface with technical staff
- Ability to relate business requirements and risks to policy and technology implementation.
- Superior customer interface, telephone, email etiquette skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Self-motivated with an ability to function with little oversight
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and deliverables with varying deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely and independently, when needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong project management and time management skills, ability to manage through ambiguity and be confident and effective in high-pace/high-demand environments.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and cope/react appropriately in a fast moving, constantly changing work environment
- Knows when to escalate issues to Nuance or client management as appropriate for the situation
- Relevant enterprise industry experience (contact center technology providers, speech technology, IVR, web/mobile, Artificial Intelligence)
- Must be knowledgeable of ISO, Cloud Security Alliance, SOX, PCI DSS, NIST, SOC, HIPAA, HITRUST, FISMA, FedRAMP, and others, with in-depth experience working with these standards
- Experience with software development/QA life cycle (SDLC), Cloud/SaaS experience preferred.
- Knowledge of complex application, network, virtual environment security, and systems operations
- Knowledge of risk assessment and remediation procedures