Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We are seeking an Operations Accountant for our Accounting and Operations teams to be responsible for supporting the monthly and quarterly accounting close cycles associated with complex revenue arrangements. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing best in class support to the Business Unit operations and finance teams on their forecasted and actual revenues. This position will be responsible for preparing reconciliations and related analysis of all accounts (revenue, def revenue, costs, deferred costs, etc.) monthly as well as assisting with defining and creating operating procedures and participating in business process improvement initiatives.
The qualified candidate will report to the Sr. Revenue Operations Manager, Accounting and Operations team, and will work closely with other members of the Accounting and Operations team as well as other groups, such as Sales and Operations managers, Divisional Finance, Technical Revenue Accounting, and Order-To-Cash.
- Review and record revenue estimates for transactional billings in general ledger
- Download budgets from across the business and record corresponding general ledger entries
- Develop and execute analytical procedures to understand and explain variances from expectations on account balances and transactional activity.
- Perform monthly reconciliations for revenue and cost accounts
- Compile monthly memos for responsible cycles to be reviewed with management
- Analyze data in Oracle and RevPro
- Import and export large amounts of data and perform analytical reviews
- Execute test scenarios related to system upgrade and report writing
- Support external statutory reporting requirements as needed.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and support external audit activities and audit preparation.
- Provide management and business unit operations and finance teams with financial reporting information and operational support.
Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting / Finance
Minimum years of work experience: 2+ years of accounting experience in a publicly traded company and/or public accounting firm
Required Skills: Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
Bachelor’s in Accounting / Finance
Preferred skills: Skilled in ERP Systems, Oracle e-Business Suite, including GL, OM, AR, and Projects is preferred. Knowledge of RevPro is a plus.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.