Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Summary: The Diagnostics Senior Support Engineer will work from our Melbourne, Florida office. The person will be responsible for providing excellent customer service, problem diagnosis and creative resolution for issues related to Nuance products and their supporting technologies/infrastructure. Maintain superior documentation and actively contribute to ongoing process improvement. This position has daily contact with, customers, management, peers, and/or internal/external customer base.
Principal duties and responsibilities
• Provide advanced technical support via telephone, email and customer site visits to external and internal customers.
• Provide efficient, high quality technical support services to ensure timely response to queries, resolution of problems, and reporting/escalation of unresolved issues.
• Research, analyze, document and manage resolutions to technical, operational and implementation issues related to Nuance products and their supporting technologies and infrastructures.
• Must be capable of establishing and documenting processes, policies and procedures; producing high quality technical documentation to be included within newsletters, public/private knowledge base systems, product manuals, etc.
• Ability to recognize trends and patterns between diverse case descriptions and foresee future problems.
• Sufficient knowledge of IT operations, responsibilities, workflow processes, and procedures to resolve most inquiries independently.
• Facilitate customer conference calls and manage the resolution of critical customer account issues.
• Act as cross functional program team representative; gathering and disseminating information to and from product development and engineering teams.
• Mentor technical and field services personnel, customer IT technical staff when needed.
• Availability for 24x7x365 staffing assignments, on-call pager rotation and travel (minimal) as required.
Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure.
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
Education: Bachelor’s degree (IT /CS/related discipline) or related experience
Minimum years of work experience: 5 years of experience in a Tier II/III support environment and/or advanced networking and database experience (advanced experience w/ one of the following MS-SQL, Oracle, MySQL).
• Experience with the implementation and support of Radiology Information Systems (RIS), Picture Archiving and Communications Systems (PACS), and/or Diagnostic Imaging Workflow Management solutions.
• MS Windows client-server proficient
• Must possess experience in the installation, configuration, management and performance monitoring of Microsoft Windows based applications and components
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with the PowerScribe 360 and/or Primordial product portfolio is highly desired, and these candidates will be given preferential consideration.
• Object oriented development experience
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.