Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Reports to Healthcare Research and Development Senior Content Manager. Provides subject matter expertise to develop and evaluate evidenced based Artificial Intelligence (AI) clinical software products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts retrospective patient case reviews of automated Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) queries.
• Identifies when automated queries are either absent, not stated in appropriate terminology, or are not appropriately recorded.
• Reviews patient cases to capture and label specific human language terms for clinical conditions, treatments, measurements and other evidence that supports Nuance AI clinical software development.
• Provides training and consultation for team members, software developers, physicians and product managers.
• Actively participates and contributes to Nuance Healthcare Research projects.
• Maintains a strong background in APR-DRG's, MS-DRG's, ICD-10 codes, coding guidelines and Coding Clinics as well as Medicare and other government billing specifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
• Registered Nurse licensure in the US State residency
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing
• CCDS (Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist or CDIP (Clinical Documentation Improvement Practitioner) certification
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
• 3 years' Inpatient bedside nursing
• 2 years’ experience as a Nuance Trained Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with a cross functional team of clinicians, product managers, interface designers, consultants, delivery staff, and engineers as well as clients.
• Proven verbal and written communication skills, including presenting and/or facilitating training sessions.
• Superior analytical abilities: ability to draw insight from findings and understand the root cause of product quality issues.
• Team-oriented but also highly self-sufficient and self-motivated.
• Knowledge of APR-DRG's, MS-DRG's, ICD-10 codes, HCCs.
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Possess knowledge of workflow processes and clinical systems used in hospitals.
• Master’s Degree in Nursing, Nurse Practitioner
• Experience as Lead Clinical Document Improvement Specialist responsible for mentoring, coaching other Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists
• Possess one of the following Coding Professional Certifications: CPC, CCS-P, CCS
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.