Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Nuance is currently building a completely new product which combines our successful speech recognition technology with language understanding to go even further than our current products in unburdening doctors and allowing them to focus on the practice of medicine. This product will be highly innovative and is intended to achieve something currently not available anywhere in the market. We are looking for somebody innovative, curious and able to get things done quickly. The focus of this position will be on the interaction between the new software stack and existing HIS / EHR platforms. Therefore, previous experience with HL7, FHIR and/or similar data exchange protocols used in the medical sector are a must. You will be in a position to significantly influence architecture while working with an enthusiastic and highly skilled team in an international company. The team designing the new product is currently located in Boston, Durham, and Vienna.
- Experience in solution development utilizing HL7, FHIR or similar medical data exchange protocols
- Professional software development in a modern high-level programming language (Java, Kotlin, C#, Rust, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Prior experience on projects of significant size and demonstrated ability to manage complexity
- Development and deployment of high-availability web services
- Embraces software development processes and software design principles
- Ability to work independently on complex issues and also in a collaborative environment
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5+
Preferred skills and additional responsibilities:
- Working within a distributed team
- Use of container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Designing for microservices architectures
- Agile processes, especially scrum
- Version control with git and tooling for CI/CD
- Secure software development methodologies
- Scripting languages including Python and Groovy
- Unit and functional test development
- Documentation for and support of integration engineers and other customer support teams
B.S. in Computer Science or relevant work experience
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.